Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

7 hours ago, guzzler said:

Welcome back to the madness mate.

Looks like you got a hell of a deal there as you said!

Cheers 

Thanks, guzzler!

@Steve Swan

Wow! considering the number of heads in your herd, it looks like it took you a long time to come to your senses!!!

As they say, better late than never...

Bienvenue à la maison!

Greetings all, I am a new owner of a 2001 Greenie, formerly owned by forum member GMC28.  It was a real stroke of luck to find a V11 that had received so much care from a meticulous owner, and only a few miles from home.

The bike was ready to ride straightaway, which I've happily been doing, along with a little maintenance as I gather information from this forum.  Thanks to all who contribute their experiences here, I don't think I've had a question that hasn't already been answered.

IMG_5850BX.JPG

• Like 7

Welcom to the forum, and to the world of proper motorbikes for real blokes. Or something like that. ;)

PS: check your profile. You've got a "V&III Racer" according to the "My Bikes" bit. Looks a lot like "let go of the upper case button too late" to me. :whistle:

Edited by audiomick
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, audiomick said:

Welcom to the forum, and to the world of proper motorbikes for real blokes. Or something like that. ;)

PS: check your profile. You've got a "V&III Racer" according to the "My Bikes" bit. Looks a lot like "let go of the upper case button too late" to me. :whistle:

Thanks for the welcome and the correction, I'm surprised there was only one typo:oldgit:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Dave, 63 years old and I live in beautiful Shropshire, England not far from the border with Wales, fine riding country.

When I last counted I had owned 14 Guzzis, I think that's the most of any one make I've owned with Triumph in second place and maybe BMW or Ducati or even Laverda in third?

I owned a slightly tatty Greenie back in the early noughties when I lived and worked in London and subsequently sold it to a friend back here in Shropshire, so see that bike fairly often now I've moved back here and occasionally work on it.

I've sold my second V85 and had a guzzi sized hole in my collection when I saw a Coppa Italia Japanese import a few weeks back on eBay and took the plunge. Never imported over here but always liked the look of them and wanted something a bit more visceral than the V85s and (ha ha) a bit more usable than the 8v Griso I had before them.

The Coppa has been standing a loooong time so I will start a seperate thread on that as I think it will be quite a journey with ups and downs along the way!

• Like 6

G'day Dave.

Mate, having owned 14 Guzzi's you should've opened with.....

Hi, my name is Dave and I have a Guzzi problem....(ha ha it's a glorious problem to have by the way!)

Cheers,good luck with the Coppa and welcome back to the madness. 

• Like 2