White power shock et al

Guest Brian Robson

This seems like a case of 'to each thier own' I'm sure someone would have traded you straight up for your sachs that already had a WP. They are both quality shocks. Some ppl love or hate both. I don't get it. I love mine forget changing that out. Ohlins up front would be a lil nice tho. I've heard of ohlins blowing out too. You can't win nothings perfect whatever makes you happy I suppose. :huh2:

'ride it like you stole it' :bike:

This seems like a case of 'to each thier own' I'm sure someone would have traded you straight up for your sachs that already had a WP.

I don't know quite which post you're replying to, so I'll give you the sort low down on "FrankenSport". It was - a 2001 V11 Sport TT that my neighbor totalled it when he backed out of his driveway at a pretty good clip and wasn't looking where he was going. Way too much money later, the bike is (more or less) back on the road. It is now a truly bastardized V11 Sport inasmuch as it has a 1996 Sport 1100i frame modified for the 6 speed transmission and a full set of WP parts front and back. I got the WP stuff as a package for a reasonable price. I didn't measure the lengths of the rear shock unit though assuming (and you know what that gets you...) that they would be the same. I mean, why not? Nearly everything else bolted up without too much trouble. So I erred and now I'll have to either swap the shocks until I can modify the mount point or live with it. Likely, I'll swap back to the original rear shock. It just plain feels weird as well as being a bit higher than I like.

I should have taken the insurance money and put it towards an MGS01...

Guest Brian Robson
This seems like a case of 'to each thier own' I'm sure someone would have traded you straight up for your sachs that already had a WP. They are both quality shocks. Some ppl love or hate both. I don't get it. I love mine forget changing that out. Ohlins up front would be a lil nice tho. I've heard of ohlins blowing out too. You can't win nothings perfect whatever makes you happy I suppose.  :huh2:

'ride it like you stole it'  :bike:

47838[/snapback]

Go on smartarse and put up that offer on any site. Trade your Sachs for a WP shock.

See how long it takes to get a bite. I'm betting you'll be sitting with your Sachs in your hand for a little while.

The Sachs was worn out and the WP was a cheap alternative. You see I've put on over 80,000Km...want to compare your mileage?

Whine if you like, whatever makes you happy!

I Wasn't whining but it feels like quite a few bash the more expensive(some might consider more tricky bits) Sachs and swear by the WP, then again some ppl swear by a Mustang and a Vette can whoop its ass. I'd still be fine with a new stang tho. :huh2: Also how was I to know you wore it out with all that milage? I'm only at 10k, we'll see how I feel when I get to 80 :bike:

I'll have to dissagree about the WP , I think (and not only me) that it is an excellent unit.WP is also a brand that has racing developement and so far I only hear best critics about it. From people that are racing them.

Problems can happen if the maintainance is not right but that doesn't mean that the suspension isn't good.

So far I am totally satisfied about the WP susspension of my bike and I would recommend it to others too.

Guest Brian Robson

The WP unit after 2 days of incessant rain has been a Godsend. It is far more compliant than the Sachs and each click of adjustment is noticeable. The WP factory sent me set up info (free sag and sag with rider as well as compression and rebound, and they were spot on) as well as a parts schematic for the shock. I would love to try the front forks.

The WP unit after 2 days of incessant rain has been a Godsend. It is far more compliant than the Sachs and each click of adjustment is noticeable. The WP factory sent me set up info (free sag and sag with rider as well as compression and rebound, and they were spot on) as well as a parts schematic for the shock. I would love to try the front forks.

48115[/snapback]

Hey Brian, could you post those settings here or PM them to me?

The WP forks are very compliant. I got the ones for my V11 Sport from Reboot Guzzi Spares. They weren't cheap - 400£ Sterling plus shipping. One added advantage (to some), since the diameter of the WP forks is constant, you can move the clipon handlebars down as far as you want.

Guest Brian Robson

I weigh ~180 lbs and the unit has white spring. Sag without rider is 8mm and with rider 35mm. Compression set at #3 and Rebound set at #7.

48115[/snapback]

I've got White Power forks on my Centauro but just found out they are bent. I am looking for replacement parts or forks. The Guzzi replacement parts are about US$1400. I'll let you have them if I find some others!

I've got White Power forks on my Centauro but just found out they are bent. I am looking for replacement parts or forks. The Guzzi replacement parts are about US$1400. I'll let you have them if I find some others!

48132[/snapback]

Jim,

Will these work :notworthy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7966760890&rd=1

Mike

If they are the right diameter

No they are not. So you need the triple clamps with them, and make a steering stem for it. Also they are only 730mm long = 30 or 40mm less then the centauro forks. Depending on the year you also need other brake calipers. 4065mm fitting. So it can be made to work but nothing fits right away. And if it's the trouble worth for a showa??