Front Brakes

Guest philbo

Guest philbo

Just curious but over the last couple of weeks, the Goose has been misbehaving. As I apply pressure on the front brake it does nothing, does nothing then bites (this is just normal stop/go traffic stuff). Would this be indicative of air in the lines somewhere of an adjustment elsewhere that I should look at? It's only just got 2000 miles on it so it's not that old.

Any clues?

Just curious but over the last couple of weeks, the Goose has been misbehaving. As I apply pressure on the front brake it does nothing, does nothing then bites (this is just normal stop/go traffic stuff). Would this be indicative of air in the lines somewhere of an adjustment elsewhere that I should look at? It's only just got 2000 miles on it so it's not that old.

Any clues?

48811[/snapback]

Take it to the dealer and get the front brake calipers inspected. Sounds like a piston hanging up and that isn't something to fool around with. My .02 worth.

Guest philbo
Take it to the dealer and get the front brake calipers inspected. Sounds like a piston hanging up and that isn't something to fool around with. My .02 worth.

48812[/snapback]

Thanks. That's probably good advice - brakes aren't something to mess around with.

Cheers

Guest Brian Robson

It could be as simple as oil/grease etc on either the pads or the disc. Take out the pads and sand them lightly, then clean the disc and pads with brake cleaner. Then try the brakes.

Thats likely what the dealer will do, and it will cost a lot less.