PCIII stupid question maybe

DeBenGuzzi

I have K&N pods and I drilled out the cans pretty well I just ordered the PCIII I think the bike is starting to run lean on me. I don't notice anything different on the freeway but letting of the throttle it flutters pretty good sometimes and after it warms up the idle climbs to 1800 instead of 1100 or so it originally was. when I get this littly doo hicky is it pretty easy to work with?, is it just plug and play? do I really have to goto the Dyno with it to get it setup right or can I tweak around with it? I'm going to get new cans and crossover next summer and I'll dyno map it when its all set I'm only alloted so much Bike money each season with the new seat, tires, flyscreen and PCIII she's cutt me off from the crossover and cans(even tho I told her thats all I have left, ... for awhile) Anyone with some good experience with this could help me out.

Guest Nogbad
I'm only alloted so much Bike money each season with the new seat, tires, flyscreen and PCIII she's cutt me off from the crossover and cans(even tho I told her thats all I have left, ... for awhile) Anyone with some good experience with this could help me out.

48895[/snapback]

Divorce her. My ex wife only allowed me a £70 MZ TS250 that I was forced to make last 15 years. Needless to say biking won in the end. My new girl would let me spend the lot on the bike, but I'm obviously too responsible to do that.... :P:race::thumbsup:

Contact Tood Eagan at www.guzzitech.com as he is the resident Guzzi PCIII "guru"(officially BTW, not just opinion :P )

But I've noticed that once you improve the breathing of these bikes, idle does climb, and my bike does the same. Your Veglia tach is probably optimistic anyway, so you are probably idling around 1500. It's not a big deal.

And as far as getting the right map, just ask Todd for one that fits the mods you have done. It sounds like you have done some pretty standard stuff, and he should have a map or two just for the mods you have performed, so no, you don't have to get a custom map... but it is nice :D

al

I'm in a similar situation. Using a Guzzitech map (thanks!) until I finish out my mods and get a custom one. Does anyone else's v11 run rough/mushy at low RPMs (1500-3000) when accelerating from a stop. Trying to decide if my map needs tweaking (or something else) or if it is just the way it is. All is fine if I raise the RPMs to 3K before I release clutch….but kinda feels abusive.

I'm in a similar situation.  Using a Guzzitech map (thanks!) until I finish out my mods and get a custom one.  Does anyone else's v11 run rough/mushy at low RPMs (1500-3000) when accelerating from a stop.  Trying to decide if my map needs tweaking (or something else) or if it is just the way it is.  All is fine if I raise the RPMs to 3K before I release clutch….but kinda feels abusive.

48899[/snapback]

...nope, it shouldn't feel "mushy" or hesitate at all if everything is tuned well.

Check the standard things, TPS, TB balance, etc... then drop a note to Todd about the mods you have done(if any) and make sure he has a good map for you.

al

Check the standard things, TPS, TB balance, etc..

48916[/snapback]

Thanks Al, good to know. My TwinMax was delivered today...tomorrow I'll be setting (and cussing since it's the first time) the TB and TPS and hoping for the best. I have open airbox, stucchi and giannelli's. I'm using "Salomon M's" map off from Todd's site.....same setup except for he has Ferracci's. Believe my TPS is OEM, crossing fingers that is the prob. :luigi:

Well my first TPS and TB synch went fairly well. I'd be curious to hear about anyone else’s specific techniques using the TwinMax in regards to sensitivity setting and checking higher rpms. If I keep sensitivity about mid-range, it stays almost perfectly on 0. Though if I turn the sensitivity up towards the max, and then blip the throttle, there is a fluctuation that looks to be towards the left cylinder. Any further adjustment to remedy this screwed up my idle....so I went back and based the synch off the idle balance. Both air bypass screws were closed for the ballance and I left them with 1 turn open....with same throttle blip results on TwinMax.

In addition, on the the TB Balance portion of the training videos from Paul.....it states that the TPS should be 3.8 degrees or 550mV +/- 5mV (not the 500-525 that I went by). Anyone else ever seen the 550mV?

Guest slowpoke

I have a question on the Twinmax. When hooked up to the throttle bodies and the rpm's held at 2500-3500 the sensitivity needle goes up to the right side of the indicator dial. Does this mean that the right throttle body is out of sync with the left? And conversely if the needle went to the left would that mean that the left was out of sync or is that the control/benchmark throttle body?

Guest slowpoke

Another question. It has been said that to do a proper throttle body sync one needs a gas analyzer. If the proper fuel/air ratio has been set up previously via a PC111 why would the gas need to be analyzed when doing a throttle body sync?

Another question. It has been said that to do a proper throttle body sync one needs a gas analyzer. If the proper fuel/air ratio has been set up previously via a PC111 why would the gas need to be analyzed when doing a throttle body sync?

49402[/snapback]

The idle mixture goes out of synch too....but you can probably count the number of turns on the bypass screws for the proper idle mixture and stick to it.

If your idle changes too much at different operating temperatures, or you pop durring decelleration, than you might want the dealer to check out the idle mixture.

Is bypass screws out leaner or richer???

I have a question on the Twinmax. When hooked up to the throttle bodies and the rpm's held at 2500-3500 the sensitivity needle goes up to the right side of the indicator dial. Does this mean that the right throttle body is out of sync with the left? And conversely if the needle went to the left would that mean that the left was out of sync or is that the control/benchmark throttle body?

49401[/snapback]

I can never remember, so I just dial the plastic adjuster wheel one way. If the needle gets better, than I know which way to go :D

Another tip with the twinmax is to get a pair of inline adjustable flow restrictors. This helps keep the needle steady. But don't close the restrictors too much or it will mess up your reading.

I got my restrictors from some lousy vacuum gauges that were so far out of synch from each other that they are basically useless.

The TwinMax is Awesome!

The CarbTunes look pretty cool too.

Mercury is great, but my V65 sucked mercury once, which is NOT good.

It makes a good laxative. Ok, well, it makes an effective laxative.

I would suggest not buying the mercury carb sticks if you don't already have a set. The electronic ones work pretty well, and you don't have to worry about a hazmat cleanup if it falls off the bike. Plus, the electronic ones can be stored a lot easier.

Well I wasn't able to find a specific map yet anyone know of one let me know I plugged in the PCIII and it seems to run a lil smoother I only went around the block I got my wisdom teeth out today(all 4) and I'll figure if its really better later. I'm eyeing up Manley Cycle to have a Dyno run done.