Recall and Service Bulletins

al_roethlisberger

Paul just sent me the official TSB for the shift spring failure(which BTW does turn out to be a boss size issue on the pawl), and I've added it to the FAQ.

But I'd like to write another FAQ that lists all the official recalls and TSBs for the V11 Sport/LeMans.

If anyone has the official text, reference numbers, etc... for any recall or TSB, please send it to me, or add it to this thread. Once I get enough info for a reasonable number of them, I'll put together a FAQ just for them.

There really shouldn't be too many.

thx

al

Guest burke
Can't help with any - just saying thanks for your time & effort Al - it's a good idea :thumbsup: .

Cheers, KB :sun:

48982[/snapback]

Hey al. I am having problems upshifting (usually between 2nd and 3rd). I pull up on the shifter and it feels like it has topped out (like it does in 6th), no click only resistance. It is better if I coast for several seconds then shift and I can force it to shift by pulling real hard with my foot. Does this sound like the spring bind issue?

Thanks for your time.

Burke

Hey al.  I am having problems upshifting (usually between 2nd and 3rd).  I pull up on the shifter and it feels like it has topped out (like it does in 6th), no click only resistance.  It is better if I coast for several seconds then shift and I can force it to shift by pulling real hard with my foot.  Does this sound like the spring bind issue?

Thanks for your time.

Burke

49030[/snapback]

Possibly, but I'd check your shift linkage first. Your linkage may be a bit loose, or out of adjustment.

If the linkage is all tight, and you can't adjust this problem out, then keep an eye on the shifting :huh2:

It usually works or it doesn't... and once it doesn't, it doesn't start working again :(

al

al

Al I don't see anything in the FAQ posted in 2005......

49034[/snapback]

I update them fairly regularly, and just updated the "trans spring" FAQ a couple days ago. Since I keep each post closed/locked, and just edit the existing one, the date doesn't change.

It is true that I(or anyone else) has created a wholly new FAQ in a while though. I create them as requested, or I observe a need :huh2:

There is a thread in the FAQ forum/section for requesting new FAQs or other suggestions, but it is rarely used.

al

Ian J. posted an alleged service bulletin for lighter engine oil:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=671&hl=

The Big Lebowski posted a PDF of the tranny recall:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ype=post&id=445

There was also a connecting rod recall...

Probably an oil cooler bracket service bulletin.

Maybe a Siemmens relay service bulletin?

The vapor lock issue???

Possibly a tachometer service bulletin???????

Other parts that should be bulletined:

The security bolts that hold on the ignition switch.

The oil breather line that runs from the top of the engine forward and up above the coils into the spine frame.

The cracking Sachs shock eye....how many bikes was that? 3 or 4 or???

I just downloaded Paul's training cd's....on disk 2 there was a PDF with a collection of Service Annoucements for all Breva 750's, California's, and V11's. I extracted the ones for V11.

JAAP/Al: Feel free to delete the files once the FAQ is complete.

Service_Annoucement_17_2003___Connecting_Rod_and_Flexible_Coupling.pdf