Breva Fueling

Guest kfz

Having some difficulty setting the fuling on a 750 Breva. The bike has all the symtoms of a badly setup TPS but the TPS is not ajustable on slots as per other machines.

Dont tell me its a delaer only thing.

Kev

Ps this my first post here so may be heading down the slippery spine frame path. noooooo! Next thing I wil lwant 6 speeds!!

My guess on that (and it's just a guess at this point) would be either the lamda probe or the cylinder temperature probe has gone bad. :huh2: I'm not sure how to check the lamda, but the temp probe is a simple T-dependent resistor that can be checked at room temp and heated in boiling water.

Oh- once you test-drive a sport, you'll be hooked. My wife has a Breva, and it is a nice bike...but the sport...oh, yeah.... :helmet:

Perhaps this is your only solution to the inadjustability:

http://www.powercommander.com/722-411.shtml

But the bike should not have mixture problems that were so bad that you noticed, so looking for bad lamda and temperature sensors is an excellent idea.

And probing the TPS is a good idea, even if you cannot adjust it.

The Volts should change smoothly as you give it throttle.

I think he did...And I think he wasn't.

kfz, welcome to the 1990's!

KB :sun:

49211[/snapback]

Hiya Keith Mate.

funnily enough this Breva does pretty much what the sport was doing, only the sport is a whole lot easier to sort with its adjustable TPS.

This baby is knackered I figure the ECU is set too the TPS not the other way round, without the hardware you cant do owt.

Prob have to get the bike to Colwyn bay, if they have the gear.

Kev

The power commander should only be used on a working bike. It should not be used to band aid a non functioning bike. Remember the TPS is important not only for mixture, but for spark advance also.

49229[/snapback]

Nor should it be used for poorly functioning bike, unless the poor functioning is a result of modifications.

But yah, the bike should be tested if something is wrong.

If iit runs like a new Breva, then its only hope so far as I understand is a powercommander.

It does not seem like there is much to do to tune it up.

The settings in the ECU are not going to change so, visiting the dealer should not be necessary...unless it was the dealer that messed with the ECU to begin with.

The valves can be checked, and adjusted.

The Throttle bodies can be balanced.

Do they have a mixture screw?

Aside from that, he can test and swap out every sensor.

So I think he should start with valve adjustment, then throttle adjustment, go for a ride, then boil the heat sensor, probe the TPS, and test the O2 sensor, then give up and go to the dealer, ride it, go to the dealer, ride it, get a power commander.

Or he could order the power commander, regardless.

Bone stock, the Breva runs just fine (if maybe a bit lean). It pulls well and evenly throughout the rpm range. On Sonya's, there are no indications that the TPS needs to be modified. It could very well benefit from a PCIII but as is, it runs fine.

I think he did...And I think he wasn't.

maybe the spine frame is an acquired taste?