Quat-D Customer Service

v50man

Is that your wife Ben? :wub:  :notworthy: I wouldnt have time to ride...the bike that is :race:

49331[/snapback]

PSH I wish it so doesn't mean it is so. My wifes not a bad looker but she's not a silicone model I went for the all-around package. Why can't chicks be like motorcycle you could have one for every kind of 'riding' you want to do, oh well we can dream. :food:

Although I like bit twin dual exhausts.... I too might consider this whole kit if:

- it had dual exhausts, one on each side

- it was just a tad less bulky looking

- performance was up across the board, but I'd sacrifice some top end as compared to conventional systems if midrange with the QD stomped the conventional setup

Glad to hear they have apparently fixed their durability issues, and that their customer service is top notch.

Maybe if a number of interested customer like yourself wrote email to the "Manuel"(who seems very responsive) detailing what it would take for more MG V11 owners to be interested they may make some of the changes suggested  :huh2:

al

al

49298[/snapback]

Al --

Thionk of the design of this exhaust as a "U." Both headers feed into an expansion chamber (essentially the FRONT inside of the muffler) and then go through a catalyser on the left side of this chamber -- move through the back half of the muffler (left to right) and exit through a SINGLE outlet on the right side of the muffler.

The catalyser is removable (with provisions to do so included from the factory), in which case you simply have a lightly grated "baffle" in an otherwise free-flow exhaust. Very little restriction of any kind.

As such, the design of the system -- as it now stands -- is not easily changed.

I have removed the catalyser from my system and will post sound files and performance results as quickly as I can. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised with the results.

...an aftermarket system has a *catalyitic converter*? Are you sure you aren't confusing at "catalyzer"(emissions reduction) with a "baffle"(sound absorbtion)?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it just sounds odd, as the stock system doesn't even have a catalyst, much less any aftermarket "performance" system I've seen :D

So I wanted to clarify :thumbsup:

al

...an aftermarket system has a *catalyitic converter*?  Are you sure you aren't confusing at "catalyzer"(emissions reduction) with a "baffle"(sound absorbtion)?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it just sounds odd, as the stock system doesn't even have a catalyst, much less any aftermarket "performance" system I've seen :D

So I wanted to clarify  :thumbsup:

al

49348[/snapback]

al --

positive. it's a catalyser.

from an email prior to my buying the system:

I can send you the system without the catalyzer including the catalyst kit in the package.

It is very easy to fit it again if you want.

thanks

Manuel

cracked weld joint? Like my 03? Like costing me lots to replace? Is this the same weld problem that they got a handle on? Just chimming in here :) also :moon: to silicone :thumbsup: to natural

Guest slowpoke

I have the Quat-d that you sold Dlaing to the guy in Temecula. If there is a catalyzer inside of mine I don't see any way to remove it. I have the older model. I frankly like the looks of it. It opens up the rear end so that you can see the rear wheel. However, it is not nearly as loud or "throaty" sounding as the carbon canisters. A matter of fact at idle you can hear quite a bit of the engine noise. It is good for the long haul being pleasant to the ears and on deceleration it is quite a bit louder. It really needs to have two openings. Now I have yet to hear it next to a V11 with the two mufflers because I have only seen one V11 up near Julian when I was riding my Triumph and one that was passing down hwy 76 when I was at work. This is over a year period. There are simply very few of the bikes that we ride on the road. I live in Vista, CA any other V11 riders out there?

Slowpoke, we should go riding sometime.

My chickenstrips are nearly an inch wide, so if you live up to your name we should not be slowing each other up too much.

I live in Mira Mesa, but mostly ride Palomar, Mesa Grande, Old Julian hwy, and sometimes Borrego.

Sometimes I hook up with Sonny Angel Sunday rides.

I have the Quat-d that you sold Dlaing to the guy in Temecula. If there is a catalyzer inside of mine I don't see any way to remove it. I have the older model. I frankly like the looks of it. It opens up the rear end so that you can see the rear wheel. However, it is not nearly as loud or "throaty" sounding as the carbon canisters. A matter of fact at idle you can hear quite a bit of the engine noise. It is good for the long haul being pleasant to the ears and on deceleration it is quite a bit louder. It really needs to have two openings. Now I have yet to hear it next to a V11 with the two mufflers because I have only seen one V11 up near Julian when I was riding my Triumph and one that was passing down hwy 76 when I was at work. This is over a year period. There are simply very few of the bikes that we ride on the road. I live in Vista, CA any other V11 riders out there?

49408[/snapback]

On the top of the muffler section, there's a plate riveted to the muffler. Drill out the rivets and pop out the catalyser. The new ones came with a plain plate to go into its place.

The result -- massive airflow increase and (I'm told) a new sound rating that caps around 105db!

The catalytic converter (removed from system)...catalyser.jpg

49383[/snapback]

wow... eeeeeeeenteresting.

I wonder why they went to all that trouble, no other aftermarket kit does :huh2:

Maybe they are trying to be(get) EPA/DOT/CARB certified??

hrmm, surprising.

thx :D

Guest slowpoke

Dlaing, next weekend I get off I'll contact you and we'll get together. The only problem is I don't know when my next weekend off is. It probably will be in the first week of June. I'll be out of town in May which eats up one weekend but we will get together and go for a ride. If you know any other Guzzisti we'll all get together. Ride safe!