Slang for rednecks?

velofish

Guest bushpilot

The toothbrush was invented in West Virginia....know how we can

be certain of that ? Cause if it were invented anywhere else it would

have been called The "TEETHbrush"

Guest Bruce

I've been doing alot of back country riding on my KTM this spring and as a result have had the opportunity to see alot of rural types ( everyone calls them hill billies or quad billies if they are riding one of those 4 wheel contraptions ) in thier natural habitat.

You'd think they treat me like an alien invader, but no, they all wave! Very friendly indeed. When I stop for gas the bike typically draws a small crowd and they always tell me where the good riding is.

Although their lifestyle is different from mine I never get tired of meeting friendly people.

Guest aironepony
I've been doing alot of back country riding on my KTM this spring and as a result have had the opportunity to see alot of rural types ( everyone calls them hill billies or quad billies if they are riding one of those 4 wheel contraptions ) in thier natural habitat.

You'd think they treat me like an alien invader, but no, they all wave! Very friendly indeed.  When I stop for gas the bike typically draws a small crowd and they always tell me where the good riding is.

Although their lifestyle is different from mine I never get tired of meeting friendly people.

49593[/snapback]

Always carry a Banjo............ :thumbsup:

Guest dopiata

Coonas.

Comes from Southern Louisiana.

These are real rednecks.

The term is said to have come from the French word "conasse".

During the Second World War, many Cajun men served in the armed forces. When in France, many of the French heard the Cajuns speaking in a French that was both very old and in a French that had some very odd words. The Frenchmen called the Cajuns "conasse" which translates to a very low-grade prostitute. I would think this comes from the fact that, although they spoke a form of French, the Cajuns weren't real Frenchmen.

:cheese:

Guest davidb

It has been 20 years since I heard that word "coonas". I was working on a oil rig and some of the welders from the southeast used that . I didnt know the history behind it.

Here in southwest Ohio we call 'em Briars. There are a lot of briars who've transplanted to Ohio. Seems they go back to Kentucky almost every weekend.

Do you know what a Buck Briar is? He is a child born of Briar parents mid-week. If he'd been born on the weekend he would be a full fledged Briar. :P