Need Veglia socket/ lamp holder

Guest slowpoke

Guest slowpoke

When I was putting on my carbon fiber dash on my "01 V11 the socket with pigtail for the illumination bulb on the speedo fell apart. Now this is the socket that illuminates the dial at night. It is not the indicator (oil pressure, turn signal etc.) socket/lamp holder of which my parts book/CD has the numbers. In Moto Guzzi's infinite wisdom they left it off the parts diagram. Does anyone know the replacement number or a substitute that will fit properly? Thanks

Guest ratchethack

Slowpoke, the Veglia bulb sockets are garbage, per Guzziology. <_< I recommend you either do what I did, kluge (in the UK that's read, "bodge") your own replacement from your leftover electrical stuff bin, or Radio Shack may have something that's a bit less of a kluge.

My kluge works like a champ, much better than OEM. :thumbsup:

Guest ratchethack

Slowpoke, I'm fairly close to you in North Poway near Rancho Bernardo. We've got a small group of regular (and not-so-regular :wacko:) Guzzisti, a Beemer Guy & a stray Honda Rider or 2. Our last couple of rides included Idyllwild, Mt. Palomar, and Borrego Springs. We're doing our always highly irregular, "semi-occasional" Guzzi Clinic this Saturday morning at my home shop. :luigi: PM me offline, I'll send you the address. You're welcome to join us any time!

Rgds.,

Ratchethack

you either do what I did, kluge (in the UK that's read, "bodge") your own replacement from your leftover electrical stuff bin, or Radio Shack may have something that's a bit less of a kluge.

My kluge works like a champ, much better than OEM. :thumbsup:

49835[/snapback]

Kluge, that's a street luge made of leftover Dodge K-car parts, right? Or did you mean kludge?

;)

[Great post, but I couldn't resist the invitation to a spelling flame: I had a friend years ago whose last name was Kluge, pronounced "kloojzh" whom we used to kid with about his prospects in luge competition when that craziness first made it to the Winter Olympics. But kludge sounds like fudge, so that's the way I've always spelled it. :thumbsup: ]

Guest ratchethack

Hmmm.... the different spellings must be colloquialisms. You can look that one up as long as you're looking up kluge and/or kludge. In my neck o' the woods (and every other regional woodland I've ventured into), it's pronounced, "klooj".

However, I'll happily accept your spelling on an equal basis, Skeeve. After all, applying the meaning of the word to itself would tend to invite creative alternates... Whatever works for you, eh? :thumbsup:

But I like the idea of a street luge made up of old Dodge parts... :P

Mopar Kluge Luge - the next event at the X-Games? Get your Pal kloojzh to sign up!