front wheel removal

richard100t

I've been wanting to change my fork oil for a while now. My ? is in my owners manual theres a nut on one end of the wheel & a spindle on the other. My bike has no nut & spindle setup. I havent touched the thing yet so no harm done. Does the axle just slide out once all the screws & calipers are removed?

The earlier models have a spindle that screws in the oposite fork leg. So you're not missing a nut.

50106[/snapback]

:homer: Theres a rubber grommet covering the allen head to remove the spindle. :nerd: Thats a relief, should be an easy job.

Guest aironepony

Remove calipers and don't let them dangle; tie them to something to take the weight off the hoses. Slacken off the two pinch bolts on the right hand leg. Remove the rubber grommet on the right hand side of the axle pin, and use the hex stud in the tool kit to undo the axle pin. Take care to preserve the spacer and remember which is the right/left side of the wheel for re-assembly...................... :thumbsup:

Take care to preserve the spacer and remember which is the right/left side of the wheel for re-assembly...................... :thumbsup:

50124[/snapback]

Yeah. If you get it backwards, you have to flip the shift lever over so you can run in reverse :cheese:

Sorry. Too much yard work last night (10:00 P.M. laying sod) and packing to move this morning. No riding except to go to work. So I'm in a weird mood.