Dyno results in

Guest slowpoke

Guest davidb
Anybody out there ever used straight pipes with drag baffles and reversion cones on their Guzzi? Maybe with a crossover near the heads? It would probably be a bit loud but an interesting proposition. You know Buell has a system similar to the Quat-d only possibly a bit more advanced.  I was behind a custom carbon fiber Buell recently and not only did he smoke me but he sounded awesome.

51383[/snapback]

Yes. it works fine for me. Would you like to try mine?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mathieuguzzi

Thank you v50. I understand that you can order the quat-d in two different flavors : with or without catalyser (aka race version).

You also implicitely confirmed that there is a new design, different than the old design. I think that that all dynos done so far have been performed on the old design. I would be very curious to see what the new one is able to deliver...

Bring on the dyno !!!

Regards,

Mathieu

Think of the "new" Quat-D as a "U".  In its stock form, both headers feed into the front half of the muffler -- and push to the left where ALL exhaust must pass through the catalyzer.  Hence, it is quiet, restrictive and good on low-end while a BIT lacking on the top-end.

In "Race" form -- the catalyzer is removed -- and you are essentially left with a "U" shaped expansion chamber.  Great sound and (I hope) awesome top end (will know when bike comes back from tuning).

Can't speak for the "old" design, but the new one looks to be a real winner.

Sound files and impressions when back from ATD tuning...

51504[/snapback]