Jet Hot Black Header Coating.

Guest blingbling*

Guest blingbling*

Hi Everyone!

So I'm now over my gear shift return spring breaking on me and having to ride

the bike around in first gear for and hour!

(Owning a new Guzzi can be real testy sometimes LOL!)

So...I've got my M4 cans, FBF airbox kit, FBF fender eliminator kit, my gorgeous, but can't see shit, Rizoma mirrors, the next thing is to get my headers ceramic coated black.

Does anyone have any good advice about where to get this done in NorCal?

Any tips?

I know I should tape off a couple of inches where the pipes enter the heads, I know some of you may have done this?

BTW This forum is invaluable!! :2c:

Don't forget Performance Coatings near Seattle. Several on this list (including me) have had them do work and everyone is quite satisified. I'd use them again, and the cost seems to be nearly the same. I posted pics of the silver I had them do, do a search for "coated exhaust" or such, they should come up readily.

http://www.performancecoatings.com/

Guest ratchethack

Jet Hot www.jet-hot.com has a location in AZ (Phoenix maybe? Tempe? Can't remember) that handles the Western States. I highly recommend their work. It'll be less of a bother for you to FedEx 'em to AZ than it would be to deal with a local coating shop. Plus, if you believe the propaganda Jet Hot puts out (they'll send you a brilliant free video on request), of course theirs is the best, patent pending, etc. All I can tell you is that I was absolutely pleased with the job they did on my dual-sport thumper pipe, the turnaround was just a few days, and the price was reasonable.

RE: taping off the headers near the heads - there's no need, and I don't think you can mask areas off anyway, because tape wouldn't likely make it thru their treatment process. They prep by thoroughly particle-blasting inside & out. The coating is only microns thick, though it's amazingly durable and abrasion-resistant, so you shouldn't have any fitment problems. :thumbsup:

Rgds.,

Ratchethack

Guest ckamin

I can only say the same about Jet Hot- super pleased! I had them do my headers and crossover. They were both returned with 14 days of my shipping them out.

One suggestion: Upon installation, secure the header flange so it doesnt slide around (like w/masking tape) as the coating can easily be scratched.

Enjoy!