Stucchi / Staintune

Guest philbo

Well I got em on. Following Ratchethack's & Belfasts experiences I did a mix of both (shortened l/h xover exit by little less than an inch, a little off r/h header, a little bending w/o heat) & got things looking good. So thanks. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the posted knowledge on this, I knew the problems I encountered had been solved by others & how they'd done it. Made it much easier, otherwise I'd've considered sending the thing back.

After what Belfast said, I was surprised that it wasn't noisier. As the Guzzi Ti cans are straight thru absorbtion type, I'd also figured the std xover must silence the system even tho there's nothing much in it. To me the Stucchi really doesn't seem to add a lot to the noise, least at low revs...but I haven't ridden it yet so we'll see. I don't like riding real loud bikes on the road, draws attention, makes you tired & upsets people.

Also someone somewhere posted that the Stucchi is heavier than the std xover. Mine isn't, including bracketry, it was a little lighter.

Thanks to all who contribute to this board.

KB :sun:

Well I got em on. Following Ratchethack's & Belfasts experiences I did a mix of both (shortened l/h xover exit by little less than an inch, a little off r/h header, a little bending w/o heat)

After what Belfast said, I was surprised that it wasn't noisier.

KB :sun:

52326[/snapback]

If I had been more awake, that's what I would have done – only shortened the left, instead of both sides, and got more twist into the x-over installation. I've a feeling that I'll revisit this some time.

Maybe tomorrow I'l post some pictures that I took of how it all lined-up.

I only had a short test run last week and haven't had time to do any more with it it since, but I still think that it's pretty loud out on the road. The 'half lidless' air box adds a bit to the noise too.

What can I cut-up next?

Enjoy :sun:

As long as it's not a lorry into his braking space on approach to a roundabout,

52383[/snapback]

:D
go for it

52383[/snapback]

cheers Martin!

MBGOOSEcut.jpg

I enjoyed that.

:D  :D  :D  :D    :thumbsup:

Unfortunatly its not far off the truth, my balance pipe fell of yesterday, but more of that later

52410[/snapback]

From the various balance pipe problems, it sounds like you could do with springs to keep it all together, like slip-on exhaust cans?