baseline dyno run

Guest aj howard

118 hp and 84 lbs tq.!

52318[/snapback]

Ah damnit I Want one. Maybe get one and just modify the body work to have lights and signals. Yeah .... thats the ticket. :grin: oh wait I can't afford just getting a MGS :angry:

keep us posted on all the fun youre having tho jim. :thumbsup:

I don't see too much in the way of gains after adding all the mods and having a PCIII with a custom map and without. maybe its just a smoother seat of the pants but if I Get everything done and it feels smooth as ever I won't worry about a custom map I can live without 1.5hp for $300. :homer:

I got mine done this morning and it maxed out at 78.13 with a max torque of 66.26 crossing pretty much right on 5200. I'm extremely happy with it. Phil

PM_Dynofinal.jpg

The power of the internet. Phil, your dyno is posted above. John at Dyno-Solutions in Danbury, CT sent it to me.

DeBen, the PCIII is *NOT* about power, it is about making your motor run as smooth (and best) as possible, without risk of extremely lean or rich spots. Every motor is different.

The PCIII is best measured at partial throttle settings like the improvements shown here on this 4v Duc Monster at 20% throttle;

S4_20_s.jpg

- low throttle openings are where everyone lives 90% of the time. How often do you really ride at 100% throttle... so those dyno-charts really are useless outside of comparing data for improvements at wide-open throttle.

Todd

So does the Custom map help out with this even more than a stock PCIII Also RacerX would you have any knowledge of a map for FBF cans Mistral Xover(FBF's new design suprised?) and pods? I don't know how it will run with all this but I hope very well :bike:

Guest philbo
post-219-1116699467_thumb.jpg

The power of the internet. Phil, your dyno is posted above. John at Dyno-Solutions in Danbury, CT sent it to me.

DeBen, the PCIII is *NOT* about power, it is about making your motor run as smooth (and best) as possible, without risk of extremely lean or rich spots. Every motor is different.

The PCIII is best measured at partial throttle settings like the improvements shown here on this 4v Duc Monster at 20% throttle;

S4_20_s.jpg

- low throttle openings are where everyone lives 90% of the time. How often do you really ride at 100% throttle... so those dyno-charts really are useless outside of comparing data for improvements at wide-open throttle.

Todd

52359[/snapback]

Thanks Todd - much appreciated. I've put around 125 miles on it this afterenoon and I'm very happy to say the least.

John offered to do the 'per cylinder' tuning for me but after talking it through I didn't see much benefit in doing it.

I know John is having an open house tomorrow so if you live in the area (Danbury CT) and you feel like stopping by, for a minimal sum he'll do a couple of runs for you so you can see how your bike looks.

Thanks again John - nice guy - great job.

Cheers

Phil

V11 SCURA

Guzzi Ti kit (cans/ECU)

Stucchi xover

Drilled airbox lid/K&N

PC111usb

Blue is PC111 using map downloaded off Guzzi tech for eqivalent mods.

Red is with PC111 dialled in on dyno.

Bike is very driveable from 2500rpm thru to limiter, no real flatspots.

Work arranged Moto Corsa on Crescent Suzuki Dyno. As a comparison, they reckon standard V11's have shown a little less than 70HP.

KB :sun:

John offered to do the 'per cylinder' tuning for me but after talking it through I didn't see much benefit in doing it.

Phil, too bad... one of the biggest benefits of the PCIIIusb, and well worth the time and money to do. Think of it as the ultimate "electronic fuel corrected throttle body balancing".

Blue is PC111 using map downloaded off Guzzi tech for eqivalent mods. Red is with PC111 dialled in on dyno.

Work arranged Moto Corsa on Crescent Suzuki Dyno. As a comparison, they reckon standard V11's have shown a little less than 70HP.

Very, very nice job. This shows the benefits of mapping for each bike -vs- a downloaded map. Can you get those dynorun files (Runfile_001.drf & _006) from them for me? I'd also love to have your map for my library as well. Thanks in advance.

For fun, those of you who plan to do this in the future... have the dyno tech upload a '0' zero map for you, for a base-line pull.

Worth mentioning too... these graphs are only at 100% throttle; how often does one ride there? The PCIII corrects the entire fuel map similarly, so you'll gain similar/large benefits (like what you witness in the graph) at low/partial throttle openings where you ride the most. This is the main focus of the PCIII. 100% throttle pulls are fun to look at, but worthless otherwise. Think of it as a "Tuning Commander", not 'Power'.

100% throttle pulls are fun to look at, but worthless otherwise. Think of it as a "Tuning Commander", not 'Power'.

I still like the POWER part about it :D

The dyno charts are proof that the PCIII *IS* about Power!

But I agree that it is MORE about TUNING, Proper Mixture, and Power EVERYwhere!

Maybe you are not allowed to make claims like it will give more power or make your bike last longer, but the dyno proved to me that I got more power, and was no longer producing conditions where the bike was dangerously lean AND rich.

100% throttle pulls tell me my top speed is going to higher, so it is not completely worthless.

Most importantly, a bike after the tuning link feels like it is much more properly tuned compared to a properly tuned stock fuel setup. It makes the bike feel like it SHOULD. I think that is what you mean when you say it is not about power even if power is part of the benefit.

Very, very nice job. This shows the benefits of mapping for each bike -vs- a downloaded map. Can you get those dynorun files (Runfile_001.drf & _006) from them for me? I'd also love to have your map for my library as well. Thanks in advance.

... these graphs are only at 100% throttle; how often does one ride there? The PCIII corrects the entire fuel map similarly....Think of it as a "Tuning Commander", not 'Power'....

I'll contact Mike Russell-Clifford at Moto Corsa re the files & map. I know nuthin about this stuff or how to get it to you, but he does.

The dyno is at Crescent Suzuki, who run the Suzuki superbike team in UK. Guess they know their stuff. Like you say it's about rideability. They told me there's a couple of full throttle runs (which produce the graphs) & then they tune the FI on a feathered throttle via the PC111 thru the rev range at 500 rev intervals. Did I get that right?

I used to be a bit cynical about the PC111 but it certainly seems to do the job, & I don't really see how else I could have the bike running so well so easily. Maybe he just doesn't have the marketing budget but Cliff's My15M sounds too involved for an oik like me & there aren't tuners familiar with it to sort it for me.

KB :sun: