Newbie V11 Questions

Guest MikeC

Guest MikeC

Hello All,

First post on this forum other than my intro.

I just recently purchased a 2000 V11 Sport

I'm not new to Guzzi's I have a 02 Special Sport and do my own work. I also have the MDST.

I was wondering if the TPS setup/millivot readings using a multimeter were the same for the V11 as it is for my 2002 Special Sport. Using the MDST I shoot for 3.6mv at idle.

I assume the valve clearance's are the same. I use the Euro specs.

Can anyone suggest handlebar risers to get them up an inch or two. Were the cables/lines all long enough?

Thanks,

Mike

I was wondering if the TPS setup/millivot readings using a multimeter were the same for the V11 as it is for my 2002 Special Sport. Using the MDST I shoot for 3.6mv at idle.

It's a bit higher on the V11. Check this thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5121

I assume the valve clearance's are the same. I use the Euro specs.

Here's a discussion of valve specs- US, world, and Raceco

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3235

This should REALLY be pinned in the FAQ section

Can anyone suggest handlebar risers to get them up an inch or two. Were the cables/lines all long enough?

I kind of quit following this one, but there are several options (this isn't complete). MPH cycles sells a complete kit www.mphcycles.com under V11 stuff. Williamsburg made or makes risers, I think cyclecat made some. I don't recall which company, but one set cracked on IanJ's bike. You might want to avoid that particular brand. I put handlebars on my bike. It was easy and cheap.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1061

Cheers,

Jason

Guest ratchethack

Welcome, Mike. I ride a 2000 Sport also. Congrat's, I think you're in for another rewarding Guzzi experience, especially since you indicated you do your own work. :luigi: The SS is also a great machine.

Just one Guy's opinion, but I believe the Euro spec valve settings are probably your best choice for both. Some have gone to .006 and .008, as I have for the past year. I find in hot weather (as we've had lately here in So CA) that when my Sport really heats up at the obligatory traffic light on the way back from some hard running in the wide open spaces, that the valve train music quiets right down and it still idles smoothly, a slight improvement over the Euro spec settings. When the weather cools down I might see if I can split the difference at .005 and .007 and give this a shot.

Just one item to eliminate any potential confusion on your TPS setting. I think you mean your setting is 360 mV, as at 3.6 mV it wouldn't run. You didn't indicate if you have a PC III installed, but if so, the recommended setting at idle with PC III is 500-525 mV (TB's connected). Otherwise you're spot-on. :thumbsup:

Guest MikeC

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been checking out the site and it has to be one of the most organized sites I have ever come across.

ratchethack...Your correct. 360mv. I need to proof read.

Mike

Guest MikeC
Where in Northern NJ are you?  I was born and raised in Washington Township.

v50

52541[/snapback]

Morris County, town of Parsippany. I know Washington TWP. I often ride up in that area.

Mike