Holes in airbox lid

Baldini

Thanks for all advice.

I drilled 19 x 16.5mm holes cos I had a !6.5mm bit....

It does make a bit more of a honk on open throttle but not a lot louder. Just run it about 15 miles with stucchi/PC111usb/drilled box & K&N on top of the Ti kit that was there already. I'm pretty useless at noticing how things work but there seems to be a bit more bottom end & it feels a bit more eager through mid range. Getting FI & PC111 set up on dyno tomorrow hopefully so we'll see...Dyno's 230 miles away & it's been pissin down :huh2:

Thanks again.

KB :sun:

Guest Frankie100Chili

therefore do the general performances decrease?

sorry for my bad english :wacko:

Pissin down? This last few weeks I've seen more rain than Noah. Good luck with the dyno, doing similar mods myself, be interesting to compare results.

52627[/snapback]

BJ

You're going to put it on dyno? Where? Have you got PCommander already?

Dynoed it. shows 83.73 HP at wheel. 66.81 ft-lbs torque. Ti cans/ECU, Stucchi xover, drilled airbox lid, K&N, PC111usb. Getting PC111 sorted on dyno has smoothed it right thru, it's very driveable from 2500 to limiter no real blips. It is noisier than I'd like but i've ridden worse.

They reckoned a std V11 will show a little under 70HP. Will post the dyno chart when i get a chance.

and it didn't rain at all...all day...

BJ

You're going to put it on dyno? Where? Have you got PCommander already?

52702[/snapback]

Aye, got a PC111 USB from Todd about a month ago. Highly recommend him, he had it on my doormat faster than stuff I ordered from England. Didnt want to fit it until some work had been completed by the dealer I bought the bike off. The Mistrals finally arrived( 2 months in the post),got the Stucci, K&N filter, 2" holesaw for the airbox. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.The BIG hammer is being dusted off for fitting the Stucci.Any advice on dyno's in Ireland appreciated,but was talking to the guy at Dublin Bike Tyre Co, they have a dyno,reckons about 50 euros to optimise or 200ish for a remap.He reckons that Todds map wouldnt be right, but I want to pull a couple of runs and see for myself before letting him touch a thing.

Aye, got a PC111 USB from Todd about a month ago. Highly recommend him, he had it on my doormat faster than stuff I ordered from England. Didnt want to fit it until some work had been completed by the dealer I bought the bike off. The Mistrals finally arrived( 2 months in the post),got the Stucci, K&N filter, 2" holesaw for the airbox. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.The BIG hammer is being dusted off for fitting the Stucci.Any advice on dyno's in Ireland appreciated,but was talking to the guy at Dublin Bike Tyre Co, they have a dyno,reckons about 50 euros to optimise or 200ish for a remap.He reckons that Todds map wouldnt be right, but I want to pull a couple of runs and see for myself before letting him touch a thing.

52803[/snapback]

I'm thinking that Phillip McCallen's shop should be a safe bet. They do Ohlin's as well.although there is someone more local to me that I'll check out for that, sometime.

As you've already got some info from Dublin, why don't you compare with BMcC? Would you consider a trip to Lurgan?

Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd.

85 Queen Street, Lurgan, Craigavon, Co. Armagh, BT66 8BW

tel . 028 3832 9999

email . info@phillipmccallen.com

I'm thinking that Phillip McCallen's shop should be a safe bet. They do Ohlin's as well.although there is someone more local to me that I'll check out for that, sometime.

As you've already got some info from Dublin, why don't you compare with BMcC? Would you consider a trip to Lurgan?

Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd.

85 Queen Street, Lurgan, Craigavon, Co. Armagh, BT66 8BW

tel . 028 3832 9999

email . info@phillipmccallen.com

52807[/snapback]

Lurgan sounds good,it's only just up the road.Do you know if the dyno guy is any good? What/who is BMcC?Oh, PMcC. I'll give them a call tomorrow. The guy in Dublin was just a bit too quick to tell me that a full remap was necessary, tho maybe he's just had a lot of experience of having to remap generic maps anyway.

Belfast, BigJ,

Check the graph I posted on the dyno thread. Moto Corsa downloaded a map off Guzzitech for a bike with mods similar to mine. Bike ran good with that, better than with just Guzzi Ti kit ECU which had it really rich. But it runs better again with remap specific for the bike - see the graph. You can feel the difference - just smoother on the throttle throughout the rev range.

Thanks for the advice,it's on for as soon as I can get it.Did you get the individual cylinder mapping?Todd's mentioned it in threads a few times but I dont know if the facility exists over here. Plan to ask the guys at Phil McCallens shop when I book the dyno .

Thanks for the advice,it's on for as soon as I can get it.Did you get the individual cylinder mapping?Todd's mentioned it in threads a few times but I dont know if the facility exists over here. Plan to ask the guys at Phil McCallens shop when I book the dyno .

52828[/snapback]

Let me know if you go ahead with this. If you go to Lurgan I'd like to drop in, of course. I don't know anything about who actually does the dyno work: I'm just assuming that with Phil's experience as a champion road racer etc his guys should be doing good work. There was some talk of him taking on Moto Guzzi dealership a couple of years ago, but when I asked him about it, he backed away from the idea. (So obviously his judgment is sound.)

Let me know if you go ahead with this. If you go to Lurgan I'd like to drop in, of course. I don't know anything about who actually does the dyno work: I'm just assuming that with Phil's experience as a champion road racer etc his guys should be doing good work. There was some talk of him taking on Moto Guzzi dealership a couple of years ago, but when I asked him about it, he backed away from the idea. (So obviously his judgment is sound.)

52830[/snapback]

Will do,dont know if I'll have time,but I hope to map it before the Erin. How's that rat bike of yours coming on? :D : If you cant get a good match for the matt black, I have some old radiator enamel I can bring with me. :ninja::P

Another version of the chopped top airbox lid. I had an extra lid that I ran a bunch of holes in the sides. I did not put holes in the top due to concerns of the tank insulation getting sucked down on top of the lid as reported several times here. Also left the "ram-air" PVC mod on the lid. Not sure if it does any thing now that the lid has holes in it but before I did the holes in the lid, I got rid of the rubber inlets and opened things up with the PVC. The larger opening stopped the pinging under load imediatly.. it surprised me too but I used to have a lot of pinging at highway speeds cranking things up in 6th.