Maximizing carrying capability

Greedyfly

"If only I could find a cage to hold an 80 lb labrador that fits over the rear seat, I would be all set. :)

Seriously, I was wondering if I made a cage where she couldn't move side to side or turn around, but just sit on the rear end of it, how that would work. Al the cages I have seen aren't made for large dogs"

With some basic obedience training, you'll find that the dog will sit facing forward & get to the point where all she does is move her head around to look. Just make sure she's sitting on something that won't have her sliding off at the first corner. Suggest nice short runs, for example, up & down your street, to get started. This would not be a good time to attempt an Ironbutt.

Many years ago, I rode with a fellow that would take his German Shepard with him on his Suzuki GS1100. The only incident he ever had it was after he hit the seat with Armor All, -it became so slippery, poor Stootka had a hell of a time on it until the sheen wore off.

Call Rich Maund, he uses marine grade vinyl on his seats, maybe he'll have some ideas for a seat cover of some sort that will keep Fido's hind quarters stationary.

Once trained, it's kind of like riding with a spouse, but she won't complain that it's too hot or cold, give you grief about getting lost, or want to stop at yard sales to look at $.75 salt & pepper shakers. No whining about the dreaded "helmet head" either. Great security system as well. Woof.

Phil

Atlanta GA

Guest Fly4hire
post-1173-1118320935_thumb.jpgthese allow me to carry enough spare parts and tools to go out of state.

53834[/snapback]

What spare parts would you reccomend? I'm new to Guzzi's and heard all this stuff about reliability, overbuilt and understressed, etc.............