other bikes

Guest harley

Guest harley

I took the 1996 Ducati 900ss sp for a 200 mi ride up in the twisties today. This bike takes much less effort to ride rapidly than does my V11. I never missed a shift. If Ducati could build this excellent six speed transmission in 1996 why couldn't Moto Guzzi do as well in 2001? I also own a 2000 Buell Thunderbolt that I have put 27000 mi on. I used to think that I had sevice issues with the Harley dealers until I bought the V11 sport and found out what poor service is. I like the Guzzi but when I tell people that owning this bike is like being married to a hokker they look back at me with a blank stare. Some of you understand what I mean. I have 11000 mi on the V11 and counting. Mike

I took the 1996 Ducati 900ss sp for a 200 mi ride up  in the twisties today. This bike takes much less effort to ride rapidly than does my V11. I never missed a shift. If Ducati could build this excellent six speed transmission in 1996 why couldn't Moto Guzzi do as well in 2001? I also own a 2000 Buell Thunderbolt that I have put 27000 mi on. I used to think that I had sevice issues with the Harley dealers until I bought the V11 sport and found out what poor service is. I like the Guzzi but when I tell people that owning this bike is like being married to a hokker they look back at me with a blank stare. Some of you understand what I mean. I have 11000 mi on the V11 and counting.                      Mike

54872[/snapback]

Mike,

Funny. I sold a '96 Ducati SS SP in order to purchase a new Lemans. The V11 has been completely trouble free for 5,000 miles and a great joy to own. The Duck was a lot of fun for many years but poor ergos (read 55 year old body) and high cost of maintenance led me to the V11. Sorry you are not having a similar experience. Stick with it and hopefully you will get your V11 completely sorted.

Joe

Guest harley
Has your Buell been reliable generally?

54887[/snapback]

In 27000 miles with the Buell the cyl head sensor was replaced under warranty. Three months ago I replaced the voltage regulator and battery. The service I got from three different Harley dealers was poor enough that I started doing it all myself. This is a great bike and deserves mutch more respect than it gets. Like the Guzzi the Buell has lotts of personality with slightly higher performance than the V11. My Thunderbolt is an S3T so it has the large factory hard bags which makes traveling easy. On a final note my V11 gets 42 mpg and the Buell always gets 50 mpg. Mike

Guest hogjockey
In 27000 miles with the Buell the cyl head sensor was replaced under warranty. Three months ago I replaced the voltage regulator and battery. The service I got from three different Harley dealers was poor enough that I started doing it all myself. This is a great bike and deserves mutch more respect than it gets. Like the Guzzi the Buell has lotts of personality with slightly higher performance than the V11. My Thunderbolt is an S3T so it has the large factory hard bags which makes traveling easy. On a final note my V11 gets 42 mpg and the Buell always gets 50 mpg.  Mike

54898[/snapback]

Be thankful you can claim that kind of MPG some are struggling with getting 20 MPG