more handlebars

wambiker

Hi I picked up my 2000 V11 Sport 3 days ago and have been having a ball :grin: , smooth power, no flat spots and a wonderfull mistral soundtrack :bike: . Handles well and is just great fun. Only problem is riding position, I rode a balabio? demonstrator and this was the ideal position for me(a knackered wrist doesn't really like clip-ons but everything is so good I'll live with it till I can sort things out). So I have aquired a set of handlebar mounts/risers that will bolt through the top yoke and have a collection of handlebars from vincent straights through superbike bars to a set of adjustable jota bars(useful for sorting out which bars work the best). While I was trying to find a spare yolk to drill I was told that you can not do this to early yokes by one parts retailer, but cant see why as the yolk has the same bosses underneath as the drilled guzzi ones? I had a look at the threads in other sections of this forum but they seemed to be about different clip-on set ups, and was curious if any one else had gone this route and had any information or pictures of a similar conversion. :mg:

Cheers Gary.

Several people with '00 and '01 models, including myself, have drilled out the upper triple clamp. It's no problem if you drill through the bosses that are there. In addition to Todd's suggestion, check out the How-to section here. I wrote up a brief description that may be helpful. Good luck!

Oh- the Aluminum casting is pretty low quality- be prepared to go slow, clean off your cutter a couple of times and don't cut yourself like I did. Or do- it's a nice offering to the Guzzi Gods.

If you've got a knackered wrist,some of these V11's vibrate a bit. It might help to sandwich rubber washers between steel when fitting the risers. I think I read this somewhere on the forum, but I cant find it.

Thanks Big J, the risers that I've got have conical rubber inserts on the top and bottom of the mounting thread. This will hopefully help, but does mean I will have to taper the top and bottom of the hole through the yoke.

Cheers Gary. :bier: