velocity stacks

Guest slowpoke

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest slowpoke

I did add the velocity stacks to the bike. They're the one's that Al has pictured. They're from Dave Blunk at Sport Cycle Pacific up in Santa Barbara. I used the UNI filters because the K&N that he sent are too big for the left side to fit in. What's the prognosis? They seem to have better breathing and have eliminated much of the ping associated with rolling on the throttle at low revs. The sound of the motor is quite a bit different also. When you roll on the throttle it really honks and sounds very throaty in the midrange (sound wise). When just cruising at 5000 rpm's you can definitely hear the midrange associated with the stacks. All in all, I think it was a good choice for my bike. They're easy to install and look quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I asked for the stacks from Sport Cycle for Christmas... and although I didn't get them(no big deal)... I sorta got a better surprise.

When I asked for them, the GF got back to me a little while later with a message from the guys at Moto International where they had explained to her that a drilled/open lid produced verifiably more HP than pods, etc :P

Why was this good news? Well, I just thought it was damned neat that my GF knew to call someone like Moto International before just buying some gizmo for the LeMans, and ask their technical opinion before blindly buying the part :bike:

Now, I'll still get the stacks, as I've previously pointed out that I understand the trade-off, but just like them aesthetically... but I just thought that was neat.

She also got me the latest copy of Guzziology signed by Dave himself for my birthday back in November. Now that's a sweet Guzzi GF :wub:

al

...She also got me the latest copy of Guzziology signed by Dave himself for my birthday back in November.  Now that's a sweet Guzzi GF  :wub:

al

73024[/snapback]

Sounds like a keeper, Al!

:thumbsup: