one step forward

Guest hogjockey

Guest hogjockey

Well this is one strange bike. I went thru and double checked everythiong I had done in recent weeks trying to get this bike to runs right.

So here is what I did:

Valves are dead on, TPS is a sensitive bugger but Im close real close.

Throttle bodies are as close a I can get em. Idle is perfect, air screws out 1 full turn. I leaned out the P/C 8% I did find the oil temp sensor was only hand tight so checked it out and it seems to be working properly I reinsalled it just snugged it up. checked all connections.

Here is the result:

bike runs better than it ever has since I have owned it.

from idle to redline it pulls hard without and pops missed or girgles from the

open air box(not sure I like that open airbox by ferrachi) Anyway I can ride as slow as i like or as fast with no problems whatsoever. the surge at 60 is all but gone.

BUT>>>>>>>It is still running FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I not sure yet but i would bet the fuel economy will be in the toilet still.....

The last thing to do is switch over the injector as was recommended to see if it runs fat on the other cyl when i do. dont i need new o rings or seal or something to do this???

Oh yeah can anyone tell me of a good motor pain that will maych my silver motor is is oealing and bubbling im told it a common thing. I guess the only uncommon thing is hove one that runs good all around huh??? Again thanks for the help :helmet:

Oh yeah can anyone tell me of a good motor pain that will maych my silver motor is is oealing and bubbling im told it a common thing.

It's not that common! This is actually the first time I hear that a silver engine has bubbling paint.

Guest hogjockey
It's not that common! This is actually the first time I hear that a silver engine has bubbling paint.

55463[/snapback]

It is peeling from the oil sump area and the rear drive is aloso peeling. I think the bike came from near the ocean and it was the salt air or something, anyway and ideal on good paint that will match???Maybe Ill pull the motor and crinkle black the lower end, any Idea :race: will be helpful

Actually it's fairly common as the paint on my bike is coming off of the engine around the cylinder fins and of course the Clutch plate cover was the first to completely bubble off to the point where i just had it polished instead.