Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

Guzzi Fest today at Matlock. This is the big annual rally for Guzzi Club GB members. Two V11s present today, a Tenni  & my burgundy Sport

IMG_4955.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guzzimax said:

... Matlock.

Sorry, absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, but you just reminded me of this. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAu_q1uvtGM

I was between 8 and 12 years old during the first run, and I think I was never "officially" allowed to watch it, even the re-runs that no doubt happened. I don't really remember anything much, but the tile is still present. Etched in my memory, so to say.

The show was based in this Matlock, I gather:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matlock,_Victoria

Incidentally, the two-door car in the title sequence is a Holden Monaro, a HG I think. I had a HK for a number of years, and loved it. :)

Anyway, back to the topic... :whistle:

• Like 1

Ha ha, what a hoot!

Sorry to interrupt this broadcast but we Kiwi's never got it ( Matlock Police ) in NZ back in the day and seemed to have missed any re-runs when I lobbed into Oz at the end of 85. I had heard of it though.

Recognised one of the er... outlaws (?) as matey who starred as the Norton riding undercover cop in Stone and of course Paul Cronin aka Mr Sullivan from The Sullivans.

Actually,the pub scenes in the Sullivans were filmed at a wee local in Abbotsford called the Retreat.In the eighties I used to work a few hundred metres away from it and we'd have Xmas drinks in there...Great wee place.

Cheers 

Ps My wife had a Monaro just like the one in the clip ( long before we met though ) and we laugh about it sometimes and wish she still had it tucked away in a shed....

Pps apologies for adding to the thread drift but I'm sure normal transmission will be resumed shortly.....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, guzzler said:

Recognised one of the er... outlaws (?) as matey who starred as the Norton riding undercover cop in Stone.....

Ken Shorter. Was he in there? I'll have to have a closer look. I've watched Stone at least 10 times. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_(1974_film)

Sorry, back to the topic in hand... :whistle:

13 hours ago, KernowNZ said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg                             

Gorgeous view, @KernowNZ!

Both the background and (especially) the foreground! :mg:  :sun:  :pic:

7 hours ago, audiomick said:

Ken Shorter. Was he in there? I'll have to have a closer look. I've watched Stone at least 10 times. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_(1974_film)

Sorry, back to the topic in hand... :whistle:

Mate

He's on the Suzuki T250/350 with the white helmet...

Ha ha, yep I've got Stone on Bluray too!

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2024 at 8:55 PM, PhillipLarsen said:

2004 V11 Ballabio

I will  probaby sound pedantic, but IMHO any self-respecting Guzzi rider will make sure that his pillion wears proper boots and most importantly motorcyce gloves before taking her on a ride....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rosso corsa said:

I will  probaby sound pedantic, but IMHO any self-respecting Guzzi rider will make sure that his pillion wears proper boots and most importantly motorcyce gloves before taking her on a ride....

Unless it is just for the photo shoot, in which case there is already too much wardrobe involved... :grin:  B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@docc is correct😂

I did suggest that some leather gloves maybe fitting for their social media video shoots, but those model ladies are hard to convince of anything.

Luckily they insisted on the Moto Guzzi V11. They passed on the CBX, the Stelvio, the VF1000R, a Ducati & Norton 850 that I had available.

Even though they do not know anything about motorcycles, they said it represented the “style” they were looking for. 

I was thinking to suggest @docc’s idea, but didn’t!

The Halloween costume photos they showed me as a Policewomen and Nurse (they are 2 cousins) were great !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatstandwell Bridge again, this time on my silver V11:D

PHOTO-2024-08-19-23-34-08.jpeg

• Like 3