Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

5 hours ago, PhillipLarsen said:

I was thinking to suggest @docc’s idea, but didn’t!

The Halloween costume photos they showed me as a Policewomen and Nurse (they are 2 cousins) were great !

Not all costumes are about "Halloween", although there might still be Trick or Treat ! :huh:  :D   :ph34r:

:nopic:

IMG_72821.jpegIMG_72781.jpegIMG_72581.jpeg

5 hours ago, docc said:

Not all costumes are about "Halloween", although there might still be Trick or Treat ! :huh:  :D   :ph34r:

:nopic:

This is probably the wrong thread for this but @docc asked!

It was at Halloween Eve Party 2023 at Vancouver’s Notorious and Famous 1960s “Peace House” where I was fortunate to capture a photo of a Chinese Police lady arresting a Nurse for allegedly forcing the famous Princess Lulu to dress up as a Witch, a great offence to her status as the matriarch to another famous Lulu entity.

The Peace House is notorious and famous for many things including being a commune in the 60s, a movie star in 1968 and where all the after concert, all night  parties for the Rock Bands playing Vancouver in the 60s took place.

Some of those that were there were The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Cream, and many, many others.

https://evelazarus.com/vancouvers-peace-house/

Today there are more Motorcycles than people calling it their party place including some Moto Guzzi’s🙂

I was trying to get arrested or hurt enough to need medical treatment😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Indeed, can’t blame the cat being pissed off over such a charade. Our Hamish would have your hand shredded if anyone tried to bundle him into such a daft outfit. Here he is doing what cats do, he’s very focused on being a cat

78c047f1-fdca-4ca7-9d3b-605bb1ce19d9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Another gratuitous action shot of me on my burgundy Sport, photoshopped to remove the water mark, it resulted in the Guzzi logo disappearing from the alternator cover 

d8a45a37-cb35-4b58-8361-821af19c8e3f.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, motortouring said:

A landmark rally!

The motorcycle grand tour of Texas;

50 stops, each year different.

I will soon know Texas like the back of my hand...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, p6x said:

The motorcycle grand tour of Texas;

50 stops, each year different.

I will soon know Texas like the back of my hand...

Do you have all of the year to ride the GT of Texas?

On 8/24/2024 at 11:27 AM, activpop said:

large.20240824_084727.jpg.506abf03cec545d97b0e8a40bc848675.jpg

Is your pic from the Cars and Coffee meet yesterday? I drove thru later in the morning, apparently too late.

I think I'm going for coffee and homemade pie in Glenwood WA tomorrow (via Klickitat) if anyone else is in the mood. Hopefully an early start before morning traffic will mean an early return before afternoon rush.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, motortouring said:

Do you have all of the year to ride the GT of Texas?

It ends on November 1st each year, and normally starts on March 1st.

This tour year, they offered the opportunity to get your numbered tour placard at an event gathering in February.

Thus, you have plenty of time to do the 50 stops at your own pace. Some participants do it in one single trip.

I wish I could spend more time on my runs, but I usually only do one overnight max.

That said, this year, I will tentatively spend two nights because I am going to do the stops in the Texas Panhandle; this is going to be the longest run for this season.

Here's the link to the tour's website: https://motorcyclegrandtouroftexas.com/

For 2025, the tour director said he is going to introduce a second set of stops in what used to be the former Texas boundaries.

Imagine if someone was to do that using what used to be Louisiana initially.... the stops would run all the way up to Quebec in Canada...

Actually, this is an idea. Maybe we should copy the Texas Tour to other States? it seems to be gathering momentum since this year he has introduced a numerus clausus for the participation. I don't think it was reached.

This year, there are 1082 participants! at the time I am typing this, there are 30 who did the 50 stops. I have done 47.

• Like 4

Thanks for the clear explanation. I took part in the Round Britain Rally in the UK a few times and then we started to organize a similar style landmark rally with the Dutch Moto Guzzi Club. It sound very much as you describe the Texas Grand Tour.

Our objective was a rally that could not be finished and it was all over the European continent from Poland to Spain, the Alps and of course Italy (and the countries in between). 150 Landmarks, and still there is always someone who visited all places. However, in 2005, before Google maps and Google Earth, it was never completely finished by one of the competitors. 2025 is the next Landmark Rally of the MGCN.

• Like 2