Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

On 8/24/2024 at 3:54 PM, Guzzimax said:

Another gratuitous action shot of me on my burgundy Sport, photoshopped to remove the water mark, it resulted in the Guzzi logo disappearing from the alternator cover 

d8a45a37-cb35-4b58-8361-821af19c8e3f.jpeg

Something about that friggin purple with grey  with the V11 that is sexy..

• Like 4

On 8/20/2024 at 1:12 AM, PhillipLarsen said:

@docc is correct😂

I did suggest that some leather gloves maybe fitting for their social media video shoots, but those model ladies are hard to convince of anything.

Luckily they insisted on the Moto Guzzi V11. They passed on the CBX, the Stelvio, the VF1000R, a Ducati & Norton 850 that I had available.

Even though they do not know anything about motorcycles, they said it represented the “style” they were looking for. 

I was thinking to suggest @docc’s idea, but didn’t!

The Halloween costume photos they showed me as a Policewomen and Nurse (they are 2 cousins) were great !

I may be biased, but I think they chose the sexiest bike :-) Were both pillion and rider the ladies who did not know anything about motorcycles? I would be hesitant having 'em ride my precious V11 ... but then I'm not privy to all the pictures that were used as persuasion!

Those were my local roads, I have some footage riding around there (but mostly on a Griso).

Under the rainbow...a Scura takes a breather.

Wonderful day riding today...a few refreshing storms, some nice sunshine and then a beautiful rainbow!

IMG_5769.JPEG

• Like 6

9 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

a few refreshing storms

We've had nothing but that for the full week...

I want to give the Quota some luster, but I want not to ruin it, as I am patiently waiting to do a photoshoot with it.

That makes me think there was a topic I wanted to bring up on the forum....

• Like 4

Hi P6X...

Had another great run today on the Scura, no rain unfortunately but a picture perfect day thru the forest, lunch at Classic Rock, a spirited run on 3090 up to Yankee Tavern and then back down thru the forest.  Let me know one day if you're headed out on the Quota we can meet in Bellville or Navasota...would like to see the new addition to the fleet!

• Like 1

Luscious beasts! Makes me want to mount up, grab a handful, and experience the intensity . . .

IMG_3124.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I would have to do a looooong walkaround to decide if this bike is ugly or beautiful.  Then I would have to ride it a few years to verify .

I do remember reading a test report on one of these and the guy writing about a 60mph+ getoff on a dirt/sand road . When and bike reunited , he could only find a couple of bent levers . " I am convinced only a depleted uranium bullet could harm this bike" was his take on it's durability .

On 9/3/2024 at 1:41 AM, docc said:

Luscious beasts! Makes me want to mount up, grab a handful, and experience the intensity . . .

IMG_3124.jpg

• Thanks 1

The weathers been so bad here, as summer rapidly recedes in the rear view mirror, that I was confined to the workshop this weekend. Greenie sump & timing chain covers off for powder coating, Roper plate to be fitted, tatty belly pan, side panels, fender etc to be resprayed…just hoping the paint shop does their job with color matching this Guzzi green:luigi:

IMG_5079.jpeg

IMG_5081.jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/2/2024 at 5:51 PM, PJPR01 said:

Hi P6X...

Had another great run today on the Scura, no rain unfortunately but a picture perfect day thru the forest, lunch at Classic Rock, a spirited run on 3090 up to Yankee Tavern and then back down thru the forest.  Let me know one day if you're headed out on the Quota we can meet in Bellville or Navasota...would like to see the new addition to the fleet!

Sure!

I may go to the Panhandle this weekend, to complete my 2024 Motorcycle Texas tour, depending on the weather. I don't want to ride under the rain with terrain tires.

I am planning to stay at the Big Texan in Amarillo. I am not going to take the 72 ounces steak challenge, but I will certainly sample their BBQ.

Actually, we could go to Brenham and have a meal at either Pioneer or Truth BBQ.

Truth is a very popular spot; I usually favor Pioneer because it is family owned and run.