Cruise Control

Guest Fly4hire

Guest Fly4hire

Has anyone here used a Cramp Buster or Throttle Rocker? Thinking about a cheap alternative to the Thorottle Meister for the very occasional times I may use such a device.

I've used a throttle rocker, which is the same basic idea as cramp buster, on a few different bikes and loved it. I don't use one on my V11 since I have the throttlemeisters. The only thing to watch out for is going from highway to street/back roads and ensuring that you have enough grip room for your hand so that you can use the throttle without hitting the throttle rocker. For me at least, using the throttle rocker around town or on twisties doesn't "feel" safe....harder to regulate throttle position. But if you're on the super slab....great to have! :2c:

Guest motomaniac

I agree with gh67 on the Throttle Rocker, it's ok around town, but helps out more on the interstates.

I've used the Throttlerocker since 1999 when I had an R1100RS with somewhat balky throttle cables. That's long enough that I find it useful in town and out but that's my particular grip and throttle preference. I like lots of leverage and free moving controls and the 'Rocker helps. For the $10.00 it's some of the best money I've spent on bike accessories. By the way, the current model, the Throttlerocker II uses velcro instead of the original tension clamp arrangement and it works fine.

Guest tdurik

I have installed a "universal" Vista Cruise unit on my v11 Ballabio and love it. It took a bit of fab skills to mount it correctly, but for $33.00 USD you can't beat it!

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...de=Vista-Cruise

Has anyone here used a Cramp Buster or Throttle Rocker?  Thinking about a cheap alternative to the Thorottle Meister for the very occasional times I may use such a device.

56193[/snapback]

Guys, this is not a California forum.

A cruise control……. Give me a break, please..!

56394[/snapback]

Agreed, but when my carpal tunnel was really bad in both hands, the only way I could ride my Sport 1100i for any appreciable distance was with a cruise control. In this case, I used the real thing, an all electric cruise control by Rostra because the module would fit under the seat. No such space in a V11 Sport. To the best of my knowledge, that was the first application of an all digital - all electric (no vacuum actuator) cruise control on a motorcycle. I did the same thing with a vacuum type on a Yamaha 650 Seca in 1982 and I believe that was also the first time an automotive type cruise control was fitted to a motorcycle. Honda came out with theirs the following year. If you have to "slab" a long distance, a cruise control is nice, but not a requirement. I've done 800 mile days on my V11 Sport with no problem (carpal tunnel surgery has fixed the hands) and there is no cruise control on this bike. If I ever get a Breva 1100, I would consider it because it would not be out of place on that bike.

Guest tdurik

I don't use my throttle lock as a cruise control. I use it whenever I need to use my right hand for something while riding. Whether it be to adjust my right mirror, or give some a$% H%&* cage driver the bird...

Guys, this is not a California forum.

A cruise control……. Give me a break, please..!

56394[/snapback]