Need Help

Guest ONETHUMPER

Guest ONETHUMPER

Hi, im new to the site but have had my V11 obout a year. A fter washing the bike

I had it on the shop stand shook the rear wheel and noticed a little play. I shve done the spline greasing a few months ago and all was OK. Now I have the wheel

apart a bearing puller but I cant get the two bearings out of the wheel, any tricks or suggestions?Thanks!

I use a bit of tube or similar thru the hub, can just get a purchase on one side of inner race, wedge tube in place with a bit of wood so's it doesn't slip & whack it on end. Move around to avoid twisting bearing & damage to housing.

As I remember it Mike Stewart* has a slotted tube inserted into bearing inner race bore, whacks a drift placed on tube, splaying tube & carrying out the bearing, or something like that....

Which bearing is it gone? It's worth checking bearing spacer as some are incorrect length. Search for threads on this. Also make sure you refit correct (as I understand it) C3 type bearings (see current thread "rear wheel woes" or something).

On refitting bearings if you wrap them & leave them in freezer til cold - usually drop in easy.

While you've got wheel out, check roller bearing on outside of drive hub (next s/a) is ok for grease.

KB :sun:

*Edit: No - it was Brian Robson....

As I remember it Mike Stewart has a slotted tube inserted into bearing inner race bore, whacks a drift placed on tube, splaying tube & carrying out the bearing, or something like that....

KB :sun:

56339[/snapback]

This sounds similar to the tool used to take out the head bearings on bicycles. Very simple to make (if you have a lathe) and they work great for this application.

Guest ONETHUMPER

Thanks its done and the wheel has no play.The bearing that went bad is on the left side, kick stand down the rusty water ran to the left. I baught the bike used and have been having a great time with it. When I was a kid in Italy Naples (navy brat) I knew one day i would have a GUZZI and have not been disappointed.Again thanks for the help.The bearing when lookingm at it was rusted and for sure about to fail. Coated everythong in grease will see how it goes.