Mud Flap reduction plan????

Guest Troutrider

Guest Troutrider

Is anyone else tired of looking at tha :luigi: t 18-wheeler mudflap hanging from the rear of the V-11? On many Honda's I've simply whipped out the Dremel and whacked off the lower section. I just don't have the heart to do it to this one. Too cheap and proud to buy the replacement. Since the stock taillight is solid red and won't shine on the tag properly I sourced a cheap exact copy with a clear lower section and am starting on the fabrication of an aluminum plate-box to hold the light, tag, and turn signals. Just wondered if anyone else has made one instead of taking the easy way out and buying one.

Troutrider

Guest MikeC
Is anyone else tired of looking at tha :luigi: t 18-wheeler mudflap hanging from the rear of the V-11?  On many Honda's I've simply whipped out the Dremel and whacked off the lower section.  I just don't have the heart to do it to this one.  Too cheap and proud to buy the replacement.  Since the stock taillight is solid red and won't shine on the tag properly I sourced a cheap exact copy with a clear lower section and am starting on the fabrication of an aluminum plate-box to hold the light, tag, and turn signals.  Just wondered if anyone else has made one instead of taking the easy way out and buying one.

Troutrider

56498[/snapback]

You could try to make one yourself but it won't look as good as the one by FBF. Under $100.00 shipped and it comes with an LED tailight. The stock turn signals bolt right on but I opted to by some aftermarket LED turn signals that really finishes it off nice.

The look is awesome and it's an easy install. Only complaint is they don't supply a cover for the opening under the fender where the bracket mounts up to the frame. I made my own with a piece of aluminum. Took me about one hour total for the complete install.

V11_5_26_05_c.jpg

Guest ckamin

Well, I used the dremel tool method along the bottom edge of the license plate and it not only looks clean but looks factory, costs nothing, and takes about ten minutes....

Well, I used the dremel tool method along the bottom edge of the license plate and it not only looks clean but looks factory, costs nothing, and takes about ten minutes....

56505[/snapback]

Carl,

That's a ditto for me....it was the very first mod I did to my Rosso, followed shortly by removing the DOT reflectors on the front forks, and all the EPA charcoal cannister crud.

How ya doing?

Andy

I dunno I have a very hard time looking at the back end of my bike while I'm riding it. What the back end of my bike looks like to people behind me is thier problem. I don't tend to look at the back end of my bike because it means I'm not riding it. Or maybe I'm just missing something here.

Guest MikeC

I believe that something as personal as a motorcycle and how it looks and is kept says something about the owner.

I always make time to clean my motorcycles before I take them out again. Could be as simple as a 10 minute wipe down after a ride or a full blown detailing after a long dirty ride.

Mike

Guest Troutrider
I dunno I have a very hard time looking at the back end of my bike while I'm riding it. What the back end of my bike looks like to people behind me is thier problem. I don't tend to look at the back end of my bike because it means I'm not riding it. Or maybe I'm just missing something here.

56520[/snapback]

Thanks for the ideas. I just never have been one to "leave well enough alone". I also think there's alway's room for improvement in any mass produced mechanical machine. Maybe I'm bordering on idolatry. Anyway, I think a trimming down will make the rear look sleeker to me while I'm kicked back in the garage sipping a cool Guiness. That's an important quality to me.....Beer beauty..as it were. My buddy's 1100 Sport has a custom stainless underseat dual reverse-cone megaphone system that I've been pondering. Sounds like thunder. That would make for an interesting rear view.

Troutrider

Guest philbo

56505[/snapback]

Ditto for me to. It was quick, easy and looks much better.

Guest ckamin
Carl,

That's a ditto for me....it was the very first mod I did to my Rosso, followed shortly by removing the DOT reflectors on the front forks, and all the EPA charcoal cannister crud.

How ya doing?

Andy

56506[/snapback]

I'm doing good, thanks. And you? The bike is running great but I think the Harley is jealous......