00 V11 wheels onto 02 Scura

Baldini

I know this has been discussed before - couldn't find on search.

Do both wheels from 00 V11 (4.5" rear rim) drop straight into 02 Ohlins equipped Scura? No different spacers, axle diameters/lengths etc? There was talk the 02 s/a is wider...

Anyone done this? Anyone know?

Thanks.

KB :sun:

Wasn't there some talk about the swingarm being kicked out to clear the wider wheel?( Can't find it either)

Remember to check the wheel bearing spacer(to the nearest tenth of a thou should do) and contact young Mr Roper for the correct vegetable intake prior to torquing. :D

When the manufacturer of these wheels makes a new width rim, they don't typically change the hub - just the rim portion. To do otherwise would burden the designers, bike manufacturers and the foundry to name a few, with additional measurements, molds ad infinitum. I will go so far as to say that ALL of the components that comprise the brakes, spacers, wheel bearings etc are identical for the 4.5 and 5.5 inch rims. I have a Marchesini front wheel on my V11 Sport that I got off of eBay that was on a Japanese bike (or something, certainly not a Guzzi). All I had to do was pop out the bearings and install the correct Guzzi ones as well as the Guzzi spacer and bolt on the correct Brembo rotors for the bike. There are no differences in the basic wheel. Just the spacers, bearings and rotors to accommodate the various manufacturers fork width etc. The 4.5 and 5.5 rims should interchange with no problem.

Guest rosso mandello

ciao.

Is there an 5.5" wheel for sale here, then I am wery interested in buying. My ROSSO MANDELLO goes 4.5" and I want a wider rim for it.

Mogens

...Is there an 5.5" wheel for sale here...

I'm looking at 4.5" for handling but also so's I got 2 sets wheels to try sticky tyres, therefore I was keeping 5.5" also. sorry.

Thanks for all feedback :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

Guest rosso mandello
Jaap has one or two for sale. he is on holiday now.

56886[/snapback]

Thank you Paul, I already send him a mail.

ciao mogens

Thank you Paul, I already send him a mail.

ciao mogens

56893[/snapback]

Typical you, Mogens!

A big rear wheel for your fat ass..... :D

Søren