right side rich

leafman60

Thanks for the help, guys. Ive done most of those things - compression, change ecu, etc. I even had it put on the "Guzzi computer." Maybe its the intake manifolds or the injectors. Ill keep on keeping on.

Could it be possible that the right cylinder ignition timing somehow has becom retarded (perhaps via a faulty ECU)? This would mean that the combustion hasn't completed, and would make the header get rather hot.

Just a thought outside the circle. :huh2:

Could it be possible that the right cylinder ignition timing somehow has becom retarded (perhaps via a faulty ECU)?  This would mean that the combustion hasn't completed, and would make the header get rather hot.

Just a thought outside the circle.  :huh2:

57817[/snapback]

Thanks Dave, but I swapped out the ECU and still the same tendency to burn rich on right.

• 6 months later...

for what I understand, the heat difference occurs during driving, not when the engine is running at idle speed. Therefor throttle balancing should have a minor effect on the issue.

Injectors with a difference in the flow rate could be the reason for this. Checking and cleaning them would be my first step.

Installing a Lambde probe in both headers and taking some measurements could put some light on the issue. When there are big differences in the lambda measurements, an individual cylinder mapping would cure the bike.

But that is expansive......

good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Leafman...

Mike at MPH has a complete description on how to tune up the Guzzi EFI.

http://www.mphcycles.com/Technical/TECHNICAL.htm

Me I am not a tech, but the disagreement about the problem, and the diverse opinions seems to be quite meaningful.

I had a simmilar problem with an old Honda CB360, rigth cylinder a lot hotter than the left, meanwhile the bike was running great... Valves clearances were all right, but the right exhaust valve being lifted a bit less than normal due the wear on the cam.

(I sincerely hope that I am wrong :2c: )

I rode and ejoyed that bike for a long time after :bike: ... I was in college and money was not available (It was more expensive the fix than the bike).

:mg:

Anthro

No guys, I have not figured it out yet but I'll get back on it. I have other bikes and Ive been preoccupied with them lately. A 06 HD Road King has really surprised me. I always looked at these as old geezer bikes but, hey, they are so relaxing and great for 2 up touring. Low end torque is amazing. First quality too. No smarta## comments from the peanut gallery either!