EXPERT ADVISE NEEDED! DESPERATE!

Guest Michael Derby

Sounds like heat related vapour lock. The fuel system on these are prone to this during the summer time, and I will assume you live in an area that gets warm during the summer.

I'll bet it does not do it when you first head out on the ride.

Ciao, Steve G.

Sounds like heat related vapour lock. The fuel system on these are prone to this during the summer time, and I will assume you live in an area that gets warm during the summer.

I'll bet it does not do it when you first head out on the ride.

Ciao, Steve G.

57325[/snapback]

He has a 2004, so "vapor lock" is not known to be an issue with the 03-04 models, as they incorporated the in-tank fuel system in 03.

I guess that there always could be a "first time" that one of the newer bikes exhibits this problem, but it would be a "first" :huh2:

al

Guest rotorhead

I had extensive problems with this very issue after getting my '00 V11. I have posted my notes somewhere within this forum but to sum it up again........initially the temp sensor in the airbox was bad causing incorrect mixture. Took dealership sometime to find it I'm afraid though.

Shortly after that was fixed I started experiencing engine "cutoff". ALL emissions stuff has been removed since day one so "tank suck" was ruled out for the most part. Turned out the PCIII was bad. That was confirmed by the tech at Dyno Jet after I sent it back to them and had it tested. The PC would inadvertantly shutoff the engine after 40-50 miles of riding.....this turned out to be a very dangerous situation after cutting out on the freeway in the left lane at 85mph and more than once in the curves of N. Georgia. I do not use a PC anymore.

I have had some folks dispute the PC being bad because of its circuitry and the fact that "a map is a map". Since removing the PCIII some 8K ago, no problems. Runs like a champ!

Hope that helps.

Keith