quick questions

Guest Easto

Guest Easto

Hi all,

I have just fitted a set of Mistrals and installed a PCIII on my 01 V11 LeMans.

Took for a quick spin last night and WOW what a difference. The rumble of those pipes and the better pick up is brilliant. The only thing is, at about 2900 RPM there is a slight hesitation/lurch in the power. I can just ride through this but going slow through towns will become cumbersome.

My question is, is it because i am using the generic map from the power commander website that this is happening ie. the map is not specific to my own personal bike, or is it something else.

Also, do the Mistral can's mount to the outside of the footrest hangers or inside?i have them on the outside but they seemed to be more inclined to go to the inside. But if they went to the inside i am not sure if the mounting bracket nuts would miss the rear hugger when hitting pot holes. Just thought i would ask.

Thanks

Easto

For optimum running, PC111 needs top be set up on a dyno for specific bike. Downloaded map will only get you in the ballpark. Before dyno, valve clearance & TPS should be set & throttle bodies balanced.

Dunno about can mounts. Mine (MG Ti's) are on inside & run close to hugger but are OK. A straight edge in line vertically w/bike should show clearance.

KB :sun:

The only modifications on my Rosso are Mistrals (outside mount) and a PC III that was mapped for this set up (Todd download). The ugly 2800-3000 flat spot is gone as is the gagging/coughing at low speeds in 1st and 2nd.

For my riding, I couldn't justify several hundred dollars and a few days at Ferracci to custom tune this set up, although I'm sure it is the ultimate way to go. Right now this Guzzi critter has more smooth power than I will ever need. :bier:

Guest whart

I have the crossover as well as aftermarket pipes (staintune) with the pc, and have had the same problem, stumbling and misfire in the 2500 rpm range. But, since the bike really ran badly last nite (see other thread), it's on its way to the dealer as we speak, and will probably go for a dyno based tune as well, after my other stalling problem gets resolved. :whistle:

Hi Easto,

My V11 Scura has oval CF Mistrals (mounted on the outside of the pegs), PC III, Mistral x-over and a KN airfilter.

You obviously miss the x-over to eliminate the flat spot. Go get it and have you bike dynoed afterwards, you'll notice the difference immediately.

Cheers

Søren

326310536NHbnKf_th.jpg

More pics here:

The only thing is, at about 2900 RPM there is a slight hesitation/lurch in the power. I can just ride through this but going slow through towns will become cumbersome.

My question is, is it because i am using the generic map from the power commander website that this is happening ie. the map is not specific to my own personal bike, or is it something else.snip

57281[/snapback]

:nerd: An interesting thing about that map, is that it is very lean in the 2500 RPM range, especially at 60 and 80 percent throttle and then it jumps to very rich in the 3000 RPM range, especially at 60 and 80 percent throttle.

So, it is a sharp transition, and if your bike is not very very similar in tune and state of essence of being ( :cheese: ) to the one that the map was generated on, you could be worse off with that map than a zero map.

Assuming your bike is "properly" tuned, (you did zero out the throttle with the PCIII software, right?) you probably really need to do the tuning link run to get a proper map.

Assuming you have the USB PCIII, you can map at a more accurate level than the download map was done at, which should really help in the transition area that you observed the hesitation.

One thing you could try is to zero out the 2500 RPM range, ( or the 2750??? range on the PCIII USB).

Or maybe zero out the 3000 rpm range.

I'll second what others have said- replace stock Xover with Stucchi (or mistral I guess)- it makes a world of difference.  My pipes are mounted on the inside.

57409[/snapback]

Here's an interesting comparison between the Stucchi and Mistral cross-overs.

Looks as if there is a definite difference.