Warranty Question from newbie

bigbikerrick

I recently purchased a 2003 v 11 naked from the original owner, with 3700 miles on it. The previous owner told me it was under warranty through december of 2005, he didnt have the original sales invoice to pass on to me, I found in the back of the warranty booklet that comes with the bike, that the form that is supposed to be filled out and returned to the dealer to activate the warranty is still in the book, never filled out. what do I have to do to get warranty coverage? also I have the bubbling engine paint Ive heard the moto guzzi makes a settlement with free accessories with this engine paint issue. Is that available to me as the second owner? Thanks folks, I love this bike, there is no other feeling like riding a Guzzi! also This forum is awesome!

I would not panic yet- in the UK this is all now done by computer so the vouchers in the book are not used.

Not sure what the system is overseas but a phone call to the importer should clarify where you stand.

The warranty should be transferrable so you can benefit from any potential claims.

Guy :helmet:

rick, I bought mine new and still have that form in my booklet....the warranty registration process was automatic/computerized. Get in touch with a local dealer or MGNA and give them your VIN, they'll be able to cofirm if your bike is still under warranty and they'll change you as the owner in the system.

The engine case replacement or accessory "buy off" will be available to you as long as the original owner did not already receive compensation...MGNA will know.

cheers