Priced an Angle Drive lately?

P3GA

Ok, so the Veglia speedometer started misbehaving, first the jumpy needle syndrome, then kaput. Removed the cable, oiled & lubed it, then the speedo would act as it was winding up before jumping to an indiacted 35 mph, the back to zero. (Since I was wheeling it backwards and forwards around the garage at the time, I knew that the speed was overly optimistic).

Paul at Duc-Tri-MG-MV of Atlanta has ordered the angle drive, none of which are in the country right now, delivery sometime in September. This September. (Yes, I asked what year.) Since the plastic threads are stripped on the cable end of the drive, I gotta bite the bullet anyway.

This little stinkin' piece of plastic is now over $125 !!

Angle drives have been used on many vehicles' speedometers & tachometers for many years. There's got to be a cross reference for this thing somewhere, hopefully a Toyota Corolla or VW Bug part.

Anybody?

Anyone have an extra one with a speedometer shop nearby? Maybe they can be of help, or at least point us in the right direction. Since MG has tried many solutions to this problem, I can only surmise that anything they came up with were stop-gap. Unless we figure this one out on our own, we're all going to be SOL when it goes.

Thanks,

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

Guzzi is your only option on this one.

I lost mine 6 months ago, riding along, and suddenly the speedo drops to zero. Turns out the early V11's had a gear cluster in these things that would simply decide to spit themselves out on the side of the road. I got a new "improved" one from MPH, forget the price, but something like $100 us. It's all good now.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest redguzziv10

try www.motomeccaspares.co.uk

i bought one about six months ago and it was a heck of a lot cheaper than that.

don't know what they would charge for shipping to U.S. though

Telephone: +44 (0) 1202 823453