ebay scam?

orangeokie

Let the buyer beware.  The photos from this ebay ad come from here

59044[/snapback]

Cheating bastard! I noticed straight away the license plate was British and the current owner was from US of A. Wonder what the poor buyer eventually will get.....?

Søren

Cheating bastard! I noticed straight away the license plate was British and the current owner was from US of A. Wonder what the poor buyer eventually will get.....?

Søren

59048[/snapback]

I emailed him and asked for his address. Told him I wanted to see the bike in person before bidding. We shal see what we shall see. <_>

Guest bshpilot

59044[/snapback]

yeah i noticed straight away that tag on that bike was NOT

a NEW JERSEY license plate (where the auction is said to be

taking place from)

starting price seems fairly LOW @ 8k....zero bids (not suprised this

early) but theres NO reserve...seller has a fairly good history...although

not a lot of recent activity....personally i say this one smells bad !

Guest bshpilot
Why not wait till saturday when he puts in the real photos, then judge him .

59055[/snapback]

cause its more fun to rip 'em this way :)

:homer: well at least i wasnt the only one that didnt read

the add completely :D

interesting the guys had the bike so long, and doesnt have a

picture of it...sure doesnt ride it much either (from the details).

but then i picked up a 2yr old v11 naked that only had 425mi on

it myself...and it was a sweet ebay deal (although lower than the opening

price on this one)

I emailed him and asked for his address.  Told him I wanted to see the bike in person before bidding.  We shal see what we shall see.  <_>

59049[/snapback]

Sounds like everything is on the up and up. He sent me his address. I read that ad more than once and never saw the reference to the photos. Guess my dad was right about "going blind!" :rolleyes:

I had a similar situation with photo's of my MGS used for a British advertisement. Turns out he did not have his own digital pictures (not all of us are in the 21st century) and they were the first pictures he found. He later put in proper pictures of his own bike and proved that he really did have an MGS for sale.

It is a good thing to be aware of misrepresentation but I wouldn't hang the bloke yet. Give him a chance to prove what he says (he does admit these are not his photo's and he will post his own soon).

59044[/snapback]

I can't entirely blame an honest seller for wanting to have some nice, professional photos to make the product look appealing, but he absolutely needs to put some shots of the real thing up with. Very sketchy...

With my Le Mans perhaps down for the count after the crash I'm seriously tempted to at least put a lowball bid on this bike. It's a beauty, I'm in need and it seems a steal if it stays in the current price range. :huh2:

Am I wrong?

With my Le Mans perhaps down for the count after the crash I'm seriously tempted to at least put a lowball bid on this bike.  It's a beauty, I'm in need and it seems a steal if it stays in the current price range.  :huh2: 

Am I wrong?

59225[/snapback]

Lowball? Now that he has included pictures of his actual bike it looks like a really nice package. I may bid on it myself for fun but my guess is once the bidding starts the lowball bids will be swept away quickly!

With my Le Mans perhaps down for the count after the crash I'm seriously tempted to at least put a lowball bid on this bike.   It's a beauty, I'm in need and it seems a steal if it stays in the current price range.  :huh2:  

Am I wrong?

59225[/snapback]

I do a fair amount of trading on ebay and the add looks to be on the level. I even bought my own Rosso Corse that way,and it only had 3klm's on the clock. Unwanted prize. Good luck if you do bid on it you these are really nice bikes with the Ohlins