Carbon fibre parts

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

For those interested - a full carbon body kit is available for V11 on ebay - currently bidding at £225

Not interested myself - I have a carbon front fender still in box!!!!! - may get round to fitting it one day.

Paul

For those interested - a full carbon body kit is available for V11 on ebay - currently bidding at £225

Not interested myself - I have a carbon front fender still in box!!!!! - may get round to fitting it one day.

Paul

59216[/snapback]

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but just out of curiosity, how much weight is actually saved by all this expen$ive frippery? Does it really add up to much more than the sandwiches in my tankbag? Or is it almost as much as the bottle of spumante?

Now that's an idea worth exploring: a reuseable CF bottle for carbonated beverages, so your mid-ride lunch is easier to cart around! :grin:

Seriously, tho': $300 for a CF frame that'd save 22 pounds/10 kilos would be worthwhile, despite all the costs of tearing down the bike to install it; $300 to save 20 ounces? I carry more than that in spare ballast around my midriff! $300 could buy me a membership at a healthclub for a year, and at the end of the year I'd not only save more weight than all that CF bodywork does, I'd have the added bonus of being able to ride longer before getting tired!

What fools these mortals be! :wacko:

;)

:mg:

AFAIK there isn't such a  body kit-parts for the 1100i Sport, is it?

59398[/snapback]

Well, there's aftermarket fibreglas parts; you could always buy some of them (lighter than the stock Guzzi body parts) and then get summa that CF-look tape to provide the look!

:grin:

Ride on!

:bike:

Well, there's aftermarket fibreglas parts; you could always buy some of them (lighter than the stock Guzzi body parts) and then get summa that CF-look tape to provide the look!

:grin:

Ride on!

:bike:

If you got any relative links , you can drop me. Was it posted here before about some parts like these I recon but these were for USA UK type of sports that have a different headlight hole at the front.

:bier: