fuel petcock question

bigbikerrick

The fuel petcock on the right side of my tank( right if sitting on the bike) has a round plate on the bottom with a 1" long tube of some sort sticking out from it, it seems to have an opening on the end like where a vaccum hose would hook up, but there is no hose there, the fuel line is connected above that. My bike is a 2002 v 11 sport. what is the purpose of that tube sticking out, is it to turn off that petcock? (That tube does turn the plate its attatched to if you push on it) Thanks in advance.

That isn't a fuel petcock, it's the pressure regulator for the pressurized fuel system. The open tube is the atmospheric reference port. This is the device that maintains the 42 psi (or thereabouts) gas pressure.

That isn't a fuel petcock, it's the pressure regulator for the pressurized fuel system. The open tube is the atmospheric reference port. This is the device that maintains the 42 psi (or thereabouts) gas pressure.

59326[/snapback]

Thanks Carl, Man I dont know what I would do without this forum, you guys are GREAT! I thank you again, Sir.

I found that I could enrichen the mixture a bit through that mid-range flat spot by connecting this regulator port to manifold vacuum. (use the sync-ports)

I found that I could do a better job of this enrichment with the PC III.