Street Legal MGS01

Guzzirider

In this months Motorcycle Sport and Leisure magazine Alan Cathcart predicts a 1200cc 8 valve street legal MGS01 will be launched during the Autumn bike shows.

He has good connections with all the Italian factories so I would bet on it happening.

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the high cam 4 valve head was a flawed concept from what was said in another thread.

I would bet that nothing of the kind happens.

In this months Motorcycle Sport and Leisure magazine Alan Cathcart predicts a 1200cc 8 valve street legal MGS01 will be launched during the Autumn bike shows.

He has good connections with all the Italian factories so I would bet on it happening.

Guy  :helmet:

Have heared about it as well... and they'd better do as they have planned at the start

Really?

What flaws were highlighted then?

That's bulls**t , the only flaws with Guzzi is(or was) perhaps the management that wanted(or still does) to keep Guzzi a brand making motorcycles like `cruisers or adventure BMW type bikes..

Guzzi was born through the races with character of freedom and sport and that's a value they should always have with more or less..in some models they'll produce.

And to all others who would whine about PS , this is also great bull***t , an agile steering stable chasis bike(with some 100-120wheel PS) can compete any supersport bike in normal streets situations in the hands of a capable rider.

And that's what Guzzi needs a capable rider , if ones wants it all "phenomenical"easy then better go buy a Japan karot.

And these people ride a bike fast only in the straights and because it says it can go fast in the pappers..LOL. and that's the idea of motorcyclism of a vast public at nowadays

Guzzi is not for amatures when comes to super sport performance.

Can tell you loong stories about the above.

Guzzi is not for amatures when comes to super sport performance.

Can  tell you loong  stories about the above.

59845[/snapback]

No doubt that has something to do with the massive unsprung weight of the shaft drive rear end and the torque reaction from the crank.

Get real. A V twin with longitudinal crank and shaft drive will only at best be a sports tourer. No matter how low the clip ons and how high the pegs, it can never have the agility or power of a purpose designed Jap 4 cylinder sportsbike.

I don't happen to like the focussed frenetic Jap sportsters, which is why I ride a V11.

You will never see Rossi on a Guzzi racebike. Personally I think the V11 type design is not suitable for a modern racebike anyway. It just ain't competitive because the laws of physics say so.

Dream on!

Get real. A V twin with longitudinal crank and shaft drive will only at best be a sports tourer. No matter how low the clip ons and how high the pegs, it can never have the agility or power of a purpose designed Jap 4 cylinder sportsbike.

I am real cause I have seen a bike like mine staying behind a bike like the 999S producing 143PS riden (the Ducati)from a rider that does Hockenheim in 1.58'

The Guzzi was riden from a rider that does the same track on 1.55 on a 999 and also a GT sports car team driver.

In a place called Schwarzwald in Germany.

Have seen also my self making a disatnce in national road with lots of turns

134Km in 38min(make your calculations), with a "mighty R1 left behind.. :bbblll: .In the night all time calculated from road-customs tickets. :thumbsup:

You will never see Rossi on a Guzzi racebike. Personally I think the V11 type design is not suitable for a modern racebike anyway. It just ain't competitive because the laws of physics say so.

Sorry but

1)Who cares about Rossi these are byproducts inorder to make companies sell more of their stuff, let's be real, what these people race have nothing to do with reality of normal production motorcycles...

TT is close real thing hands down at least in terms of riders and racing., hands down.

2) I don't talk about racebikes. that's bull , people get fooled and they think they can get a race bike when they pay for these supersport karots, actuall a reall race bike cost a s**tload of money

I talk about SPORTSBIKES

The V11 is also in the list of the bikes that were made with Aprilia and doesn't have that sport Spirit of a Daytona or a Sport 1100i (the last of the Real Guzzis)

Actually is a touring bike , not a sport's bike.

A MGS 1 is a sportsbike.

Dream on!

Well I don't do so , though it is not a bad thing to do, best things are build on dreams, I am just talking of what would be good for the most people who can't afford to buy a custom made bike.

As for my self ,I can have any bike on the plannet if just happens that my Corsa is... a194.gif.

I can see a 1200cc street version of an MGS01 if what I was told two years ago about the new engine block is actually true. What I understood from the never-to-be-believed John Stoddard, ex-head of MGNA, was that the new engine, besides having casting mounts for the new alternator and so forth, was also designed so that it could be bored and stroked. Stroking the current Guzzi block isn't difficult - it just takes money. Boring it out though, brings you hard up against some very limiting physical characteristics - the cylinder head studs. For the 2V model, the practical limit is about 95mm. Past that and the cylinder head gasket stands a greatly reduced likelyhood of sealing and remaining sealed during the heat cycles of engine operation. The 4V model, because it has no pushrods, has a little more latitude and can accomodate a 100mm bore. The MGS01 has this and also exhibits some cylinder head sealing problems, presumably for the reason outlined above. IF the new block has the cylinder head studs further apart, then I can see a 1200cc engine variant. Otherwise, I doubt that we'll see a large displacement MG engine, four valve or otherwise - to power it.

My $.02 worth. YMMV.

The MGS01 has this and also exhibits some cylinder head sealing problems, presumably for the reason outlined above. IF the new block has the cylinder head studs further apart, then I can see a 1200cc engine variant. Otherwise, I doubt that we'll see a large displacement MG engine, four valve or otherwise - to power it.

59864[/snapback]

No carl boring the 4v to 100mm doesn't give sealing problems, bad production does. So the 4v doesn't need the studs more apart. With some more stroke even 1400cc is possible.

Cooling the thing becomes more a problem at that time.

.........keep on dreaming........ :(

59797[/snapback]

Well we all know by now not to get carried away but Alan Cathcart is a well respected journalist and racer who has excellent connections with the Italian factories.

One thing is for sure- if it is launched at the Autumn shows we won't see it in the showrooms for bloody ages- it takes a lifetime for Guzzi prototypes to become reality which I guess is down to resources.

I wonder what became of the MGS01 Serie? That 992cc 102hp 428lb bike that is harder to find than bigfoot! Too bad really I thought that bike looks great in the brochure. I dont care what anyone says, I think Guzzi needs some sort of sports bike in their lineup. It doesnt have to be competetive with the Jap bikes i.e. the Triumph 600 sportbike isnt quite as fast but its still a good bike...if you like Triumphs lol.

I have done track days on both my old 1100 Sport Injection Corsa and my current V11 Rosso Corsa and the V11 is a bit quicker by virtue of its better suspension, 6 speed gear ratios, wider rubber and ergonomics- I found the Sporti to be bloody uncomfortable.

Neither of them are really sports bikes but both are still a lot of fun on the track.