Bitubo shock?

Mike Stewart

Just to let you know, that Bitubo has been around for a while now. They were supplying suspension parts to the Aprilia WSB team 2 years ago at Laguna.

I've got some urls for a couple of Brit companies that supply shocks for all kinds of bikes. Let me know if you want them and I'll dig them up.

A friend of mine who owned the Yamaha GTS was able to get front and rear shocks for his bike a while back from one of these companies.

The bad part is the shaft seal, if it leaks, it will be time for new shock.  

It may be a good preventative measure to seal off the rear fender to protect your shock and its seal.

The less road grime in there the better.

I like to occasionally coat my bikes forks and shock shaft with silicone. It reduces friction and may improve seal life. My only concern is that it won't mix well with the shock oil. But it is such a minute quantity and it may help keep moisture out.

Good luck with the modifications, Mike.

Lex's experience is inspiring.

dlaing,

Inspiring? Jeez, lets not get carried away. I was going for helpful. :D

I build a barrier for my V11 after Tam and few others reported water coming in the transmission breather. I had to ride in a light rain/ deep puddles last week and was pretty happy with how clean the area in front of the tire was after the ride. BTW, thanks for the tip on silicon, I'll try that. Follow the link below for a picture of what I built. I'm a few light years behind the guy who makes seats for V11 in fiberglass skills but it works and is invisible unless you are willing to get down on your hands and knees to find it.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CCItal...nnerFenderD.JPG

Mike,

Isn't LE unimpressive? Hard to believe all the good work that comes out of that hole-in-the-wall. Good luck on your work.

Cheers,

Lex

Lex, if you make it a littlebit bigger, you can take the plastic thing from the swingarm too. The place where you made it, is the only place to keep dirt away. The thing around the wheel is not effective, because most comes of the wheel at the back. A flat piece of carbon/aluminium will do. Don't need any fiberglass skils for it. Most bikeshops have some flat carbon in stock. Maybe I make one for my own bike too, if the swingarm is ready:-) :mg: