OT: Triumph Café Racer

Admin Jaap

Ryans' Ducati is just soooo right on! You've really cleaned this thing up well buddy, since the last time I saw it.

The new Triumph Thruxtons are ok, as are these cafe renditions. But, I have to tell you, these things are no where close to what a real one looks like. I've been trying to figure out what it is with these Hinckley twins I have trouble with, and I've come down to the engine. It just looks too plain. The Meriden Triumphs engines were one of the sweetest looking mechanical devises made, but these new twins don't have it visually.

Ciao, Steve G.

Here's the 74 Duc 750GT I just finished a week ago.

Rj

61020[/snapback]

I'll have to repeat myself Ryan.

Ohhhhh dude!!! Not only does that bike look fantastic but it sounds fantastic. It looks so good in the flesh that even Belfast wouldn't be able to find anything to complain about!!!

It was great seeing you there and Steve and the rest too! I'll be back again especially for next spring. Maybe I'll trailer the MGS in and ride it the last few blocks.

I must say Jim, your balancing capability is very good. Popping a wheelie on a Guzzi can be tricky as you know, with the engine wanting to lay you over.

The Mistrals and Stucci sound rather nice echoing off the old buildings of Commercial Drive. And the Rosso paint just goes nuts under flourescent street lights.

As for Ryan's Duck, I have always said that belt drive Ducatis are just pretenders. The bevel drive Ducatis are where the true soul of this company reside. Don't worry, bevel drives with Delortto's are always cold blooded. I know you complained about the powder coating. I look at it this way. A crappy bike makes one look for good stuff. A great bike makes one look for bad stuff. We all spent alot of time looking for anything wrong, and didn't find anything. It's a little sweetheart!

Ciao, Steve G.

How 'bout this?

02.jpg

More info (French only)

61006[/snapback]

This is a style that speaks to my gypsy soul. Yet the Trumpet still doesn't hold a candle to your Naked Le Mans. Perhaps 'cause you had your way with her and all . . .

How a about a heads- up comparo picture?

I know you complained about the powder coating. I look at it this way. A crappy bike makes one look for good stuff. A great bike makes one look for bad stuff. We all spent alot of time looking for anything wrong, and didn't find anything. It's a little sweetheart!

Ciao, Steve G.

61599[/snapback]

I would have to say, after reading your post, that I may have complained about powder coating but not on that bike.

You are right. You would have to work hard to find any faults with Ryans bike. I really liked the mild blend of non original bits whilst sticking to the heart and soul of a 1970's Italian sport bike. I echo your sentiments that it is a "little sweetheart"!

Awwwww... I missed Jim doing a wheelie :(

Next time I get to leave last OK!

The powder coat on the Duc looks fine now, but it is rather thin and there are some nooks where it is still bare steel. I've been hitting the bare spots with nail polish as I find them... I just worry about what it will look like in 5 yrs.

Cheers,

Rj

The powder coat on the Duc looks fine now, but it is rather thin and there are some nooks where it is still bare steel.  I've been hitting the bare spots with nail polish as I find them...  I just worry about what it will look like in 5 yrs.

Cheers,

Rj

61724[/snapback]

I find that as well. There's always the risk of embarrassment if your nails are in last years shades, let alone ones that went out of fashion 5 years previous.