Griso poll

Admin Jaap

Would you consider buying the new griso?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider buying the new griso?

• Yes, and I'm trading in my V11
    • Yes, but my Guzzi/V11 stays too!
    • I'm not sure, but I like it's style
    • No, I'm quite happy with my current bike
    • Are you kidding, THAT ugly mf?

What do you think of the Griso?

61759[/snapback]

In the initial pics of it from the Cologne? Milan? show 4 years ago [black, w/ HiCam donk], I didn't find it much to rave about. After seeing it in the flesh [metal? plastic?] in the now-discarded cafe au lait color at last year's CWIMS in Long Beach, I was FAR more impressed with it.

The big exhaust can must go; it's ungainly looking, & the "dual conic section" [oddball size change w/ a kink innit] really just detracts from the overall visual appeal [ie, the pipe looks unfinished, despite the "bling factor," which makes the whole bike look like a mock-up.]

The new driveline, while generating complaints from some quarters, I find attractive from the visually "industrial strength" aspect. That and the fact that Guzzi has finally joined the 1980s by producing a bike w/ a rising rate back end! :lol:

What doesn't excite me, or why am I not likely to buy a Griso?

1] I don't need a penis extension, so I'm not part of the whole cruiser/"muscle bike" market it's targeted at; ie - overall, it's more for show than go [altho' not anywhere near as bad as most products in that segment!]

2] I'm still miffed that it doesn't come w/ the HiCam. Yeah, yeah, I know: Guzzi ain't making any more of'em. I feel that under those circumstances, since they were going to the pains of redesigning the head for dual plugs, etc., they should have gone ahead and gone for a 3 valve setup instead. [Techno whine.]

3] Having just bought a v11 LM when the prices fell thru the floor due to uncertainty over Guzzi's future, I'm not going to be buying any new bikes for awhile, least of all one that doesn't have the flexibility nor the looks of the LeMans. Nuff said? :grin:

I'm already planning to buy a Breva 1100 and have the funds set aside for that. I'd like to add a Griso to the mix simply because it would fit in nice with the Oklahoma hordes of cruisers trolling down Hwy 66 (which my driveway dumps out on) without being one of the innumerable HD's and clones that rumble by on the weekends. Besides, I think the Griso is a significant departure from the norm, just as the Centauro was. The Centauro wasn't well received initially because it didn't fit the mold and I suspect the Griso will do likewise. The downside is that to get a Griso, the V11 Sport, Ambassador and the California have to go and probably the Sport 1100i as well. Perhaps just having the two evolved Guzzi would serve me best anyway. In a way, the new Guzzis are all I've ever needed. Better chassis, more electrical power, evolutionary improvements and yet I can still set the valves myself. Styling is another issue and since it's so subjective I'll just leave it at that. The Griso has gotten very good reviews for it's sporting character. The lack of a hot 4V engine isn't a concern for the way I ride and the location where I live. If that were the case, I'd just go into the big city and buy an MV August F4 1000. I'd probably last about 44 seconds on th MV before it killed me too (4000 feet of gravel driveway). The Griso or Breva are at least strong enough to do the job without being ridiculously powerful for an aging baby-boomer like myself. YMMV.

I hated it when I first saw it, now, I think I may want one... in yellow, even.

The giant can is a bit if a problem, and I will have to find/make an eliminator for that rear fender.

What remains to be seen is how I fit on it. I loved the Centauro, and was all excited when I saw one on the floor at my local dealer. As soon as I sat on it, the dream died. The pegs were way too high, and the bars had the most unusual bend to them. I felt like the pegs were up there like on a sport bike, but I couldn't lean forward like I would on a sportbike. The whole thing just felt kind of strange, and everything was out of place. I cried right there in the showroom.

Hopefully, the Griso is better laid out for me. I fit on the LeMans beautifully... has anyone heard if the Griso ergos are similar?

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

I preferred the more aggressive stance of the early prototypes, but I still think, bar that hideous 'silencer' it is a real looker.

I am definitely pleased by Andy's recommendation too! :thumbsup:

Nige. B)

I preferred the more aggressive stance of the early prototypes, but I still think, bar that hideous 'silencer' it is a real looker.

I am definitely pleased by Andy's recommendation too!  :thumbsup:

Nige.  B)

63101[/snapback]

History repeats...i'm building a special, my first, and Guzzi comes with the centauro..now i'm working on my second special...here's the Griso...

Anyway...from what ive seen its to long...just envy...i hope it sells a lot and give Guzzi that Boost it deserves!

Special...........if i kwew how i put a picture here...but its to be seen at:http://www.gewan.demon.nl/Guzzigek/index.html under never ending story...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
hi

i would consider having one , seems that there are a lot of discounted bikes around at the dealers .(why) .?

No one is buying them, they are all waiting on the new 8v griso. :thumbsup: (I think) :2c:

Gary