price for a '00 V11 Sport?

Guest 2wheelin2dn

Guest 2wheelin2dn

I've got an offer for a 2000 VII Sport for $4700 with 9700 miles on it. seems like a pretty solid deal for me, but i'm pretty inexperienced in the guzzi field, and i just wanted some feedback to make sure this is a good deal. :helmet:

If the bike has been properly maintained and fairly clean...JUMP ON IT. Ask if the recall work has been done.

That is a good mileage to purchase a used Guzzi, not broken in yet but enough to typically weed out the Italian quirks.

Mike

Guest 2wheelin2dn

thanks mike. my friend is a big ducati guy, so i know what you mean when talking about 'italian quirks' :D i'm 99.9% sure the recalls have been done, but i'll make sure. if this doesn't work out, i'm thinking about a breva. i've heard the 750s are great bikes, but a little underpowered, so i may be looking at a 1100. what's your view?

I agree with Mike above- sounds like a nice deal if the bike is in good shape.

The Breva 750 is a completely different bike- my wife owns one. The 750 is a nice, pleasant, well mannered, easy-going, predictable, little bit underpowered bike. It is just lovely to drive- especially nice around town or slow trips.

The V11 sport is a pig in town, but shines out on the twisties. What kind of riding are you wanting to do? Commuting? The Breva would be the "sensible" choice, but I'd go with the Sport every time because it suits me.

Yep I would go for that one, but don't use it for commuting! :thumbsup:

Breva 750? Small blocks have always seemed to be marginal reliability wise, so I have always avoided them. A friends wife has one and although she loves it it has been troublesome. Seem to be fragile. It ran the mains last month :bbblll:

Cue Breva 750 owners saying 'I have done 150000 miles on mine and never changed the oil and it has never missed a beat!' :grin:

Nige. B)

Well, I do think it's easy to run the small blocks out of oil. Once that's done, the mains are toast. Why the heck did Guzzi only put in a quart or so of oil in those bikes? Seems dumb to me.

Ed Milich, of Guzzitech.com, sells a sump extension. I'm considering getting one for Sonya's bike....which has never broken down, so :huh2: (only 10K miles though)