It sucks being a Yank

Guest MotoMessiah

Ice Hockey! Field Hockey! Pfahhh!!! Underwater Hockey is the worlds most pure sport. No spectators, no cheerleaders, no audience, no sponsers and no media. Just you, your teammates, the puck and the bottom of the pool.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Britcheflee

I played field hockey at school and its bloody lethal!!!

The only place in Canada I have ever been is B.C - when the weather is good it really is a beautiful place - in laws have a small house on Cortez Island and Saltspring island (last bastion of Hippies) - the only really awful thing about it is that you cant buy booze in the supermarkets - have to go to a special store to get it.

Lee

:2c: are you saying that m/cycle racing is not a legitamate sport because it does not involve a ball ? ciao :cheese:

Hockey is not a sport. Legitimate sports all involve a ball: Tennis, baseball, football, even soccer - all sports. Hockey is 3 activities occurring simultaneously:

1) Ice skating.

2) Chasing a hard rubber disc around & trying to score a goal with it.

3) A bunch of guys beating each other with sticks.

Hockey is *not* a sport... [/George Carlin, America's greatest living philosopher]

:D

64951[/snapback]

I can't travel abroad without people yelling at me and flipping me off...

I have to deal with religious nuts here...

I have to deal with NTSC...

I have to deal with daylight savings time...

I have to order quality Buell aftermarket parts from England...

And to top it off I can't get this bike Moto Morini Cosaro 1200

Count yourself lucky. It sucks at times being a Yank.

64704[/snapback]

Move!

:2c: are you saying that m/cycle racing is not a legitamate sport because it does not involve a ball ? ciao  :cheese:

65396[/snapback]

No, George Carlin said that. In a funny manner. Don't shoot me; I'm just the messenger!

;)

:bike:

I have put more than a few bullets though the hearts of many various creatures. Although an enjoyable pasttime, and does put meat in the ol' freezer... I still can't see how a semi-auto 30-06 vs. bambi is any kind of sport...

But to call me a liberal???!!! Them's fightin' words! :bbblll: 'specially here in Canada. Bloody Liberals...

Rj

sounds like now you don't believe in buell either and the moto morini is an illusion-- what do you believe in :D

64812[/snapback]

I don't know...Just checked out the new Buell Ulysses (sp?) -It was a hell of a nice bike...for any manufacturer. :P: