Orson...have you been to Prague

staedtler

I asked a friend of mine (who's being abroad extensively) where's the coolest

out there....where would he consider living for a while?

he narrow it down to Prague and some obscure island in the Indian Ocean...

Is it all that?... just curious. If it is, i'd like to check it out for sure:thumbsup:

(my gut feeling tells me that is because of the local hotties <_>

If you want a bit of culture near to Barcelona visit the Dali museum at Figueres. Finish off with a nice cup of coffee in a cafe in the cobbled square.

Then when you have had your fill of culture you can go to the beaches on the Costa Brava and look at some nice tits.

Went to Prague before the fall of the wall in '90 when it was still a Communist state. Since '68 the people had had a really hard time from the Russians but when you managed to get them somewhere where they were sure they couldn't be overheard by the local apparat they were a hoot and great fun to be with. At that time their outlook was pretty fatalistic, which isn't perhaps surprising considering their experiences in the 20th century, but that may of changed.

Since it was one of the capitals of the Austro Hungarian empire it's architechture is magnificent and because the Commies didn't do anything for 50 years and the Nazis just walked in pretty much unopposed it is still in pretty much unaltered condition, it's like going back 150 years!!!!

Pete

Yes, I went through Prague on my trip this summer.

Look in the Travel Section for pictures of the trip.

Prague was nice. Had some good food...drank some absinthe :drink:

The old part of town was really jammed with tourists. I think Budapest was very similar to Prague with less tourists.

I was amazed by the architecture in Budapest.

I tell you a place I really enjoy. That was Merano in the Sud Tirol part of Italy. Surrounded by the Alps. Clean city, beautiful surroundings and world class motorcycle roads.

However, it would cost an arm & a leg to live there and I haven't been there in the winter though the winters are supposedly mild as Alps winters go.

There just something about the Italian culture that I enjoy. I think it's the que sera, sera attitude where jobs and making a living don't seem quite as important as enjoying a good meal and driving sexy cars and motorcycles :mg:

Amsterdam is fun too :rasta:

I tell you a place I really enjoy. That was Merano in the Sud Tirol part of Italy. Surrounded by the Alps. Clean city, beautiful surroundings and world class motorcycle roads.

64840[/snapback]

I love that part of Italy too- camped in Lana last year near Merano- the roads are ace around there. :race:

Did you try the Timmelsjoch and Grampenpass?

Did you try the Timmelsjoch and Grampenpass?

64852[/snapback]

I tried some in Strasbourg. Too much cabbage.

You would have prefered extra carrots of course.

64855[/snapback]

Why are you using a picture of your toilet bowl (post Timmelsjoch and Grampenpas dinner) for an avatar?

well...looks like Prague is sort'a overrated... <_ hmmn... to bad.>

I wouldn't necessarily say that...I was there a few years ago and had a blast. Don't think they are on the Euro yet so beers are really cheap...like 50 cents. Though usually you have 2 options....in broken English..."light czech beer or dark czech beer." ha ha! The old town is a bit crowded, but it tames down once you walk out of the main square and into the more remote side streets. good shopping, lots of crystal on the cheap.