Improvement over OE Bridgestone

O2 V11

Although this Korean made tyre is regarded as being a budget type, I am finding it to be better for me than the original Bridgestone BT020. The original fitment gave me a couple of worrying moments, both caused by unseen loose pebbles on the road surface. The movement in the back end was that bad I actually stopped both times expecting to find a flat rear tyre. The Continental is much better in this respect, I feel the new Continental also provides me with more confidence in the wet.

Rob

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oohhh another tyre thread!

I have had 12000 happy miles on BT020s, mainy of them wet touring miles and they coped ok on the track, especially when it was cold and wet.

But today I am fitting some Diablo Corsas- was going to get BT014s but thought hey its an Italian bike so it gets Italian tyres.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Guy :helmet:

Guest Steve_W

It's not a Guzzi, but I had ContiForces on my '01 Triumph Trophy and liked 'em enough to run through the whole series: 2 fronts and 3 rears. I do suggest you keep a close eye on the front. Both of mine, for whatever reason, blistered; i.e. developed raised bubbles in the tread just to the side of center. I should note that several people on the Yahoo Trophy list use these tires and like them, including the list owner, so my experience doesn't appear to be typical. Other than that, they were, as you've said, very confidence-inspiring and worked well just about everywhere despite their budget price.

Just got back from the tyre fitters- the Corsas look very sticky and come with big gold "Corsa" stickers- now that must add at least 10mph to my top speed!

Will bung them on the bike tomorrow and scrub them in on Sunday on the club run to Whitby.

Just got back from the tyre fitters- the Corsas look very sticky and come with big gold "Corsa" stickers- now that must add at least 10mph to my top speed!

Will bung them on the bike tomorrow and scrub them in on Sunday on the club run to Whitby.

Guy  :helmet:

65034[/snapback]

You will love the Corsa's, they are good in the wet and when things heat up. They are my favorite tire of choice. I still try other tire brands but I always seem to come back to the Corsa's! :bike:

Mike

You will love the Corsa's, they are good in the wet and when things heat up.  They are my favorite tire of choice. I still try other tire brands but I always seem to come back to the Corsa's! :bike:

Mike

65038[/snapback]

Cheers Mike- I was at first a bit wary about warm up times and wet weather grip from what is basically a more track orientated tyre but searching through the posts on here persuaded me to give them a go.

Although this Korean made tyre is regarded as being a budget type, I am finding it to be better for me than the original Bridgestone BT020. The original fitment gave me a couple of worrying moments, both caused by unseen loose pebbles on the road surface. The movement in the back end was that bad I actually stopped both times expecting to find a flat rear tyre. The Continental is much better in this respect, I feel the new Continental also provides me with more confidence in the wet.

Rob

65013[/snapback]

I thought Continental was made in Germany. :o

Continental is a German brand but mine are made in Korea. I have seen some Continental truck tyres made in Slovakia. Similar I guess, to the likes of Levi Strauss who have moved most of their production off shore.

Rob

Guest trispeed

out here in southern california, lots of guys are diggin' the Conti Road Attacks. I am putting them on after the Sportec's wear out.

Continental is a German brand but mine are made in Korea. I have seen some Continental truck tyres made in Slovakia. Similar I guess, to the likes of Levi Strauss who have moved most of their production off shore.

Rob

65103[/snapback]

The chemistry is done in Germany; that's what counts. They can mix up the rubber & cook it just about anywhere they want, as long as they can maintain good QC on their production line.

I like Contis on my SV; haven't had a chance to try them on the LeMans. Yet!

:thumbsup:

The 020 is a sport touring tyre genally on the sport I get 18 000kms out of a rear they do however take a while to heat up and start working evfen in sunny Australia :) . Depends on how hard you push things along I am currently running Bridgestone 014's which are supposed to be a sport tyre they do work very well but I think the rear may only last 6-8000kms. You get that on the big jobs.

The 020 is a sport touring tyre generally on the sport I get 18 000kms out of a rear they do however take a while to heat up and start working even in sunny Australia. 

65233[/snapback]

Amazing, we have must have completely different riding styles. My rear was worn out in less than 6,000 km. What is your fuel consumption? Mine has averaged 40.27 mpg since new. Is your lack of tyre wear reflected in your fuel consumption?

Rob

Cheers Mike- I was at first a bit wary about warm up times and wet weather grip .....

I was put off Corsas last year cos I was told they wear very fast. I already get too low miles. Mike, could you say roughly in % terms how much less miles you'd get out of Corsa over (std) Diablos, ridden :race: .

Do they take longer to warm up? I noticed on track days people seem to be very steady first lap or so, Diablos seem to be good straight off.

Thanks, KB :sun: