Let the Guzzisti decide

Martin Barrett

What should happen to the Quiz point  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to the Quiz point

• Jaap should have it he identified the bike.
    • Martin should have it he listed the specifications requested
    • If Martin feels that strongly just delete it
    • STFU and get a life

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically, he means that he wants one

65401[/snapback]

But only a genuine Jaap issued quiz point, not that alien match point. I think I would quite like a Tenni though.

But only a genuine Jaap issued quiz point, not that alien match point.

65412[/snapback]

I thought Guzzism was meant to be all about individuality – but you want to be like all the rest. Harrumph.

I thought Guzzism was meant to be all about individuality

65441[/snapback]

How can an -ism of any sort be about individuality. It's an oxymoron. As soon as a group get together and define themselves by way of shared beliefs and tastes, e.g. Guzzism, the individual has surrendered himself to the collective. We simply prefer to be members of a small and very exclusive collective, the Guzzisti. We then stand out from the ordinary and generic collective "bikers" giving ourselves that frisson and edginess that comes from being an individual and outside a collective, but at the same time maintaining our membership of the exclusive collective "Guzzisti" in order to satisfy our need for belonging and get help when the rest of society can't see why we are Guzzisti.

How can an -ism of any sort be about individuality. It's an oxymoron. As soon as a group get together and define themselves by way of shared beliefs and tastes, e.g. Guzzism, the individual has surrendered himself to the collective. We simply prefer to be members of a small and very exclusive collective, the Guzzisti. We then stand out from the ordinary and generic collective "bikers" giving ourselves that frisson and edginess that comes from being an individual and outside a collective, but at the same time maintaining our membership of the exclusive collective "Guzzisti" in order to satisfy our need for belonging and get help when the rest of society can't see why we are Guzzisti.

65454[/snapback]

So it's a bit like being a Bueller?

What's a Harleyquin?

dl, I noticed that.

Problem is, just as I manage to earn a quiz point, the item seems to have become an object of dispute, and sadly devalued.

How can we tell now between a genuine quiz point, and the fake quiz point.

As for the match point, it is simply the product of a deranged mind, but like the "Madonna of Port Legat" may acquire a patina of legitimacy with the passage of time and the necessary death of its inventor.

65394[/snapback]

OK, I threw my stolen points back into the abyss.

Perhaps it is only a small step towards bringing Value back to the points.

To further bring value back to the points, Martin should accept it.

The voters have spoken.

Okay I give in.  :D

65533[/snapback]

EXCLUSIVE - UK TRAFFIC COP ADMITS HE WAS WRONG ON A MOTORING MATTER

Phew, must sit down.... bring my smelling salts someone, I feel an attack of the vapours coming on.

...We simply prefer to be members of a small and very exclusive collective, the Guzzisti. We then stand out from the ordinary and generic collective "bikers" giving ourselves that frisson and edginess that comes from being an individual and outside a collective, but at the same time maintaining our membership of the exclusive collective "Guzzisti" in order to satisfy our need for belonging and get help when the rest of society can't see why we are Guzzisti....

Speak for yourself matey.

OK, I threw my stolen points back into the abyss.

65528[/snapback]

I'm thinking of throwing mine into the T€%^* Forum. Same thing I suppose.

GET A LIFE MARTIN.

Giving in will get you nowhere.

65600[/snapback]

Isn't the voter's decision for him to "get a life" that he is giving in to?

Or is he merely giving in to present minority of voters who wish for: "Martin should have it he listed the specifications requested"?