ok..who's getting 2nd?

staedtler

Lets hear it for Sete, a good going away present before he goes to Ducati (from what I've read).

I read today that Rossi denied ever saying he had said Sete wouldn't get another win, after Qutar last year. The announcers sure made it seem like this was fact every time Sete ran off the track. Gibernau for the win!

Loris is back -- but probably a bit wobbly (not as young as he once was).

Dark horse to win the race -- BIAGGI. This would be his first season without a win. Poor bastard has no ride for next season -- and there's a youth movement going on (DePuniet is gonna be a hoot to watch in the top class!) -- so it may be the last we see of the Roman Emperor.

I'm a Max Biaggi fan -- I admit that. However, his teammate has been a great source of amusement for all of us this season. The writing's on the wall -- will Max read it -- or will he continue to push ahead in a sport which seems to have passed him by?

Melandri is the bomb -- so if he takes the Honda Cup, good for him...

I'm getting depressed now that the season has come to an end... :unsure:

Fine race!

Did Melandri drop his bike after the race? After the crowd moved in- and he did a burn out- the camera panned back, and I definitely saw them picking up the bike. What's up with that?

The weird thing was the commentators coming off like Rossi was dead or gone. 'Here's the future of MotoGP' and 'Rossi was bigger than the sport, but the sport will move on'. I didn't much care for that, I have to say.

Congrats to all the participants- they are an outstanding group of atheletes, and I've enjoyed watching the season's competitions.