Why So Slow?

Dr Gil

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are aces. I just love this Guzzi networking. It's almost as cool as the bikes themselves. I have duly noted your suggestions of Agostini, Spares GB (althought they seem to have changed their name) and eBay (names the same).

I've been corresponding with Todd at MPH Cycles and while he's as frustrated as the rest of us about parts delivery (perhaps even more so since his business depends on it) he's come up with some interesting options for my needed parts and been upfront and clear about those that contain that rare and difficult to find element, "UNOBANIUM" (back orders from Guzzi...oh my!).

With Todd's help and a little luck (in short supply around here lately) I am once again optomistic about getting the Le Mans back on the road in the near future...it may not be "pretty" but it will be rideable until such time as I can make it "perfect" and that makes me very happy :race::)

The crash on my Sport took about 3 months to sort. Without the help of forum members it would have been at least triple .

Post here for what you need and see if any of us have your parts on the shelf.

I don't want to be a doubting-thomas and bring down the mood, but my experience with just about any MGNA sourced part has been horrendous.

I waited over 6 months for a fairing half, several months for various other bits... and some just never showed up. Heck, I received a front fender I didn't need anymore almost a year later :(

But I agree that making calls to multiple dealers that have a track record for being successful at sourcing parts, etc... is the right way to go. Don't single source yourself through one dealer, especially if that dealer isn't on the "list" of those recommended.

I think you'll be fine now that you have a list of suppliers to call, and get them on the road to helping you look for these parts.

And of course, always keep an eye out on eBay. Heck, I occassionally pick up "spare" bits here and there that are a particularly good deal, and I suspect would be the first to get damaged in a drop.... as you never know when those parts may show up again.

OH, and in case it wasn't mentioned in the last few pages of replies, definitely check out: www.rebootguzzispares.com

For example: http://www.rebootguzzispares.com/Bikes%20Breaking/v11.htm

The owner there is very very helpful, and they are often breaking multiple Guzzis, even late models. This is where I sourced my 2003 tank. The only downside is that they are overseas, so shipping is very pricey for anything of a significant size. So I'd use them as a last resort, but I've found them to be excellent and have superior customer service. They'll even go dig through their "tons" of salvage stuff to potentially find a part for you. A lot of salvage operations will not do that.

Good luck Gil! :thumbsup: I hope you get the bike back together soon, as I know this whole adventure of obtaining your LeMans has been an ordeal :(

al

• 2 months later...

So , is the parts supply getting any better?

We've apparently lost the remnant of a dealer we had in Nashville. Someone else took on the Ducatis but not MG. :(

On the bright side shipping and handling costs about the same as fuel to Nashville. Time to develop a good relationship with a parts counter that doesn't mind phone orders.

So , is the parts supply getting any better?

We've apparently lost the remnant of a dealer we had in Nashville. Someone else took on the Ducatis but not MG.  :(

On the bright side shipping and handling costs about the same as fuel to Nashville. Time to develop a good relationship with a parts counter that doesn't mind phone orders.

74697[/snapback]

Thats too bad about the Nashville dealer, Im hoping the same doesnt happen to my dealer in Tucson, they are too good to lose,and the owner is a true MG enthusiast.

AFAIK the Ducati dealership sold to the BMW dealer there. David Bloodworth as Bloodworth Motors has been a beemer dealer forever. The former Ducati Nashville sent back their Guzzi inventory a long time ago. I explored trading my Multistrada for the Nero Corsa they had, but they didn't have the money to trade with me. Got my Nero Corsa from Mike Haven after that.

Wick

Got my Nero Corsa from Mike Haven after that.

Wick

74722[/snapback]

Is that "MPH" in Houston?

Mrs. Bloodworth told a rider at a show this weekend that BMW, Ducati and Vespa were plenty for them to look after. Probably so, but I was hoping they would at least be 'non-stocking' like Duc-N'ville had ended up. I haven't talked to David yet but maybe that will be an option down the road. They are, after all, hooked into Piaggio via Vespa already.

How's the rest of the country/world on parts flow?

Things here in rural northern California are still VERY slow...business as usual. <_>

With the help from the members of this board, Todd at MPH motorcycles (yes, in Houston) and some European supplies I've finally managed to get everything I need to repair the Le Mans. I've had good luck coming up with some of the harder parts to locate by talking to Teo Lamers, HMB Guzzi and Reboot Guzzi Spares (used parts) in Europe. :thumbsup:

Is that "MPH" in Houston?

Mrs. Bloodworth told a rider at a show this weekend that BMW, Ducati and Vespa were plenty for them to look after. Probably so, but I was hoping they would at least be 'non-stocking' like Duc-N'ville had ended up. I haven't talked to David yet but maybe that will be an option down the road. They are, after all, hooked into Piaggio via Vespa already.

How's the rest of the country/world on parts flow?

74818[/snapback]

Ive been waiting since august 05 for a pair of rubber intake boots that are a warranty item, still nothing. Rick

You've got a ways to go Rick.  I've been waiting 3 years for my warranty replacement side covers.

Rj

74869[/snapback]

3 YEARS?? man thats ridiculous! Do you think we will actually ever get our parts, or will MG simply wait things out until we sell our bikes, or just die of old age! :huh: