Brembo front pad depth

belfastguzzi

I changed mine to Ferodo also. I'm not sure how long the originals lasted . I did have a set changed at about 6K.  As the dealer only charged £13 for parts I assume a rear set only. On the return from the Erin I'd worn my rears right down at 12k, and I changed the fronts at 15K.

IMG_1312.jpg

Almost at 18k best I have another look at my rears.

Do I get these wear rates because:

I don't brake hard enough with the front

The size differential between the pad areas 1:5

Rear wards weight bias of the bike

I've got big Policeman's feet  :)

67088[/snapback]

You might want to combine some of your factors:

rearwards weight bias of the policeman? :grin:

But, I havent changed rear pads on any of my bikes yet, have been brought up to only brake with rear brake when stopping/holding the bike at junctions/redlights (probably not quite right, that). Another thing, which sounds a bit newbie-ish (no insult to you, mistah policeman sah :) ), is that a lot of people have a tendency to unintentionally let the foot relax and feather the rear brake in flight (while sleeping on motorway passes?). My wife does it all the time. Her rear pads shows considerable wear in short time.

You might want to combine some of your factors:

rearwards weight bias of the policeman?  :grin:

Another thing, which sounds a bit newbie-ish (no insult to you, mistah policeman sah  :) ), is that a lot of people have a tendency to unintentionally let the foot relax and feather the rear brake in flight (while sleeping on motorway passes?).

67368[/snapback]

Guilty on the first account :food:

No offence taken on the second. I have a riding style simular to Charlie Chaplin. So thats not the case. :)