Guzzi presentation in Milan in an hour ?

robbiekb

Well, Jan posted a link to a press relase named PressReleaseMotoGuzzi2006_eng

from the official Guzzi site.

It presents the 2006 range

Then there is the sports segment, heir to a winning tradition still remembered by Guzzi fans. The absolute protagonist is the MGS-01 Corsa, the motorcycle which brought the Eagle back to the track.

My interpretation is that MGS/01 is part of the 2006 line-up

or is the press release just misleading?

The Fridge will be a great touring machine, I'd wager.

67438[/snapback]

I think not. Some of the stuff is quite good - uprated alternator, full fairing (although with expensive, non-generic lights and other unnecessary crap) and built in GPS. But the position of those panniers! They could be at least six inches lower and a few inches further forward. Hardly any more fuel capacity than the Breva. Probably the same non-existant rear mudguarding. Anyone want to bet on whether it has adjustable bars and footrests?

If I bought one of these it would be to ride, not to clean. I don't want to be stuck somewhere because I can't go into any shop and buy a generic head/tail/sidelamp replacement. Although I have no doubt that this machine will handle and in some other ways perform better than previous designs in the mould, it falls terribly short in basics that were sorted out over 20 years ago. And which would cost virtually nothing to implement. It's yet another triumph of form over function.

Pity.

mike

Well, Jan posted a link to a press relase named PressReleaseMotoGuzzi2006_eng

from the official Guzzi site.

It presents the 2006 range

My interpretation is that MGS/01 is part of the 2006 line-up

or is the press release just misleading?

67471[/snapback]

I read it that way too- maybe they are taking into account that there are still unsold MGS01s gathering dust in the showrooms.

Guy :helmet:

In afct when we were with goffredo in Mandello for the GMG, Giuseppe Ghezzi told us than Guzzi board ask him to build another run of MGS-01, don't remember the exact number to be build more but it was either 20 either 40 ...

Goffredo you remember about this point ?

I think not.  Some of the stuff is quite good - uprated alternator, full fairing (although with expensive, non-generic lights and other unnecessary crap) and built in GPS.  But the position of those panniers!  They could be at least six inches lower and a few inches further forward.  Hardly any more fuel capacity than the Breva.  Probably the same non-existant rear mudguarding.  Anyone want to bet on whether it has adjustable bars and footrests?

67490[/snapback]

By non-generic lights, you mean not the standard 7" round GE bulb? Good riddance to those damned yellow things. I have no idea what kind of lights they are using, but I do hope one can get standard replacement bulbs for them. Knowing Guzzi's history....I have no reason to doubt your assertion.

The thing I don't understand is limited fuel capacity. I want a 300 mile (500 km) range on a touring bike. There is no excuse for 6 gal tank unless the bike gets 50 mpg. Still, with that tank (23 L/6 gal), it'll go 200 miles and I can't ride for much more than that without stretching my legs.

Time will tell, I guess.

By non-generic lights, you mean not the standard 7" round GE bulb?  Good riddance to those damned yellow things.  I have no idea what kind of lights they are using, but I do hope one can get standard replacement bulbs for them.  Knowing Guzzi's history....I have no reason to doubt your assertion.

The thing I don't understand is limited fuel capacity.  I want a 300 mile  (500 km) range on a touring bike.  There is no excuse for 6 gal tank unless the bike gets 50 mpg.  Still, with that tank (23 L/6 gal), it'll go 200 miles and I can't ride for much more than that without stretching my legs.

Time will tell, I guess.

67590[/snapback]

Looking at further pictures, it looks like the light _units_ are circular and probably therefore easily obtainable. It's just that some plastic gubbins has been put in front of them for the sake of appearance. That will help a lot when it is nicely scratched up after a winter on our roads.

Fuel consumption is a worry. 300miles would be nice but, realistically, that will probably not be possible for me unless there is some adjustability in the riding position. 200 would be a reasonable compromise.

I really want to see one of these in the flesh. I wish MG had made a "Spada Vintage" and a modern Cali.

m