ooops...

mdude

Even though I have been pestering the scura-gang and posting here and there the last five-six weeks, its maybe polite to introduce myself?

I have already uncovered my bottomless technical inabilities, but apart from that:

38 yrs old designer from oslo - norway :nerd: (rougher round the edges than most designers?). been a complete petrolhead all my life, but untill recently its been mostly cars. in my garage beside the bikes there is a 1990 Audi Quattro 20V (urQuattro) in mint condition, which I must say is my true love....sorry, guys....

Started my bike-career only four years ago, when I suddenly found money in my wallet and bought a brand new BMW R1150R in hornet livery. I loved that bike, impeccable german engineering, but a bit uncarismatic. Also f... expensive in parts and difficult to personalize. Then my wife got the license for bikes and found the Laverda which she gotta have, 'cause it was red and noisy. Its also a marvellously well handling bike with huge chunks of charisma (and a lot of bike for the money). The beemer looked tame alongside the Laverda, so I had to have something a bit harder (wife with a cooler bike than you? NO!). Harley was out of the question, and japs dont make things like that (maybe except the Yam MT-01), and Ducatis are to small for me. I have always admired the V11, so I tested one very rough bike but loved it nonetheless, and suddenly i found one in green, untouched and stored for two years, with 7000 kms on the clock and some carbon pieces and bags and stuff on it. so i bought it unseen over the phone in august... Since then its been all fun and games...

:mg:

EDIT: oh forgot, I paid extra for some bubbling paint and sunburnt porkchops. worth it!

Did you say GREEN :D

On behalf of the Tennisa's :sun: ,welcome friend to the great world of Guzzi!!! :mg:

You will find alot of help, and encouragement here on this forum, but a word of warning, look out for the Scura gang :ninja: , generally a scarry bunch, and sometimes just plain hostile!! :grin:

you mention that you paid extra for the bubbling engine paint, Hey, so did l !!

:P

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Did you say GREEN :D

On behalf of the Tennisa's :sun: ,welcome friend to the great world of Guzzi!!! :mg:

You will find alot of help, and encouragement here on this forum, but a word of warning, look out for the Scura gang :ninja: , generally a scarry bunch, and sometimes just plain hostile!! :grin:

you mention that you paid extra for the bubbling engine paint, Hey, so did l !!

:P

:bier:

Cheers

Van

67936[/snapback]

Thanks. I have already expanded my technical capabilities by about 600%, so this is really worth it. By the way: Greenies have no fear for the wee powers of Scura darkness... :D

and now its snowing up here so thats the official end to the bike season...